Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Next problem is the obstruction caused by the CTs sail pillars. Those will cause problems when turning sharply and virtually eliminate the ability to jackknife when backing a trailer, which is absolutely essential when negotiating tight RV campground sites. BUT... the CyberTruck's independent air suspension system and the Reese Goosebox's air dampener can mitigate a LOT of the problems with the sail pillars.

If the CyberTruck's computer was programmed in "5th wheel mode" to dip the suspension on the side inside of turns, the sail pillar could dip out of the way on normal turns.

When backing the trailer, the CyberTruck could adopt an extreme Cheetah Stance that would serve to flatten out the problematic angle of the sail pillars. Granted, this would be at the expense of the departure angle of the travel trailer you're backing, and dragging the bumper off a travel trailer isn't a rare accident. You'd have to be really careful in these circumstances. An adjustable air suspension on your RV may be the best bet ($$$ 😬)

Back in the good old days when we thought Tesla would provide an air connection in the bed of the CyberTruck tapping off the suspension compressor, I thought an extra airbag on the Reese Goosebox could also raise the overhang of the trailer in tight spots. But alas, the air-chuck didn't survive the design process. 🤷🏽
I think rear wheel steering will help also eliminate the need to jack-knife as much (atleast it seems like rear wheel steering seemed to help with normal trailers)?

Not only dip to the side, but left the back and dip the front as well, so the bed is higher and the sail panel tops are closer to being parallel with the ground (compared to how they normally are).

Just some thought from someone who has never driven a fifth wheel.
Sponsored

Fleetwood75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model X, 2017 GMC Yukon
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Country flag
I’m planning to get the extended range battery pack for the dual motor. I have a pop-up camper and I’d really like to be able to get like 240 miles of range while towing it. I don’t mind sacrificing some bed space for that.

FarAway

First Name
I.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pontiac Torrent, TVR, F-250 Super Duty
Country flag
My wife wants a new goose neck horse trailer and had her eye on my CT as the tow vehicle.

As for the possibility of a goose neck receiver being installed on a CT in the future? Maybe it will, maybe it won't but where there is a will, there is always a way.

Tesla Cybertruck Extended battery effect on Tow Rating 1703007596275

Tesla Cybertruck Extended battery effect on Tow Rating 1703007478555
Tesla Cybertruck Extended battery effect on Tow Rating 1703007952351

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I was thinking about this when I saw the platform for the bed in the tent, it basically is attached at the track around the perimeter… that if you put a platform at that level, and it could support the weight, you might be able to do 5th wheel that way…

Darth abbott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
If your vehicle exceeds a certain GVWR you’ll need a CDL license in the us been a while but I think the weight is 26000 lbs
This does not apply to RVs. You need a commercial driver's license for a commercial vehicle over 26,000 lb
Sponsored