Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck
Occupation
soon to retire
Country flag
Looking for more info on fifth wheel towing capabilities. Will Tesla give a Fifth wheel prep PKG
Sponsored

OP
OP

EZHERMAN

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck
Occupation
soon to retire
Country flag
Looking for more info on fifth wheel towing capabilities. Will Tesla give a Fifth wheel prep PKG
12685 LBs Fifth wheel trailer weight about 2500lbs tongue weight. It would be nice to do the whole 14000Lbs.
I have my reserve in already on the Tri motor waiting on specs to see if I can replace my F350 with the Cyber truck or not.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
12685 LBs Fifth wheel trailer weight about 2500lbs tongue weight. It would be nice to do the whole 14000Lbs.
I have my reserve in already on the Tri motor waiting on specs to see if I can replace my F350 with the Cyber truck or not.
That’s within TriCT specs.

I’d want more than ½ ton F-150 axel bearing. So its going to be a wait and see how Tesla does axel bearings on the CT. Full floating is a big ask.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
https://www.safetytowingsystems.com

This system adds an extra axle to ease fifth-wheel towing.

The other way that I’ve towed big trailers with fifth wheel instead of using a “jeep” as shown in the video.

Invert the fifth wheel. Instead of the 5th wheel braced inside the bed of the truck it is inverted mounted onto the trailer. That uses a bed mounted “pin” which cleans up any clearance problems in-bed. You are able to custom fit the trailer to the Cybertruck limitations whatever those turn out to be.

AustroTom

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.schwaigerdesign.com
Vehicles
2023 MX, 2017 MS, 2018 M3, Slvdo 2500HD,CT Tri res
Occupation
Artistic metal
Country flag
The other way that I’ve towed big trailers with fifth wheel instead of using a “jeep” as shown in the video.

Invert the fifth wheel. Instead of the 5th wheel braced inside the bed of the truck it is inverted mounted onto the trailer. That uses a bed mounted “pin” which cleans up any clearance problems in-bed. You are able to custom fit the trailer to the Cybertruck limitations whatever those turn out to be.
So something like tow a trailer to tow a trailer.... that's just silly. All that equipment at the campgrounds.
Tesla has to be just a bit more informative and let us know how they will accomodate for this kind of towing.

Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
You won't be able to tow a standard 5th wheel with it, unless the sail panels are removable, IMHO. So, I would consider that first, even if it can take the weight.
Sponsored