Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Fisker Motors CEO Teases Aggressive EV Pickup In Concept Render
Calling it a lifestyle pickup, Henrik Fisker hints at an even more radical design down the line.

BY SAMUEL WEBER1 DAYS AGO

https://www.hotcars.com/fisker-motors-ceo-teases-aggressive-ev-pickup-in-concept-render/

In the electric vehicle market, it has become a race to the start with the creation of an electric pickup truck such as the Tesla Cybertruck. As more companies come forward with plans for their trucks, such as what Chevy's future electric truck may look like, one player in the electric car revolution has finally shown their plans. Henrik Fisker (creator of the Fisker Karma) teased an image on LinkedIn showing the automaker's plans for their own electric truck.

Big Reveal
Tesla Cybertruck Fisker Motors CEO Teases Aggressive EV Pickup In Concept Render 1609624555434

In Fisker's own words "we want to create the lightest, most efficient EV pick up in the world! Making it, the most sustainable!" The styling on the truck is much more aggressive than on the Rivian R1T or Lordstown Endurance, with sharp lines along the side and massively flared fenders around the whole vehicle.

Finished with a roof-mounted wing for the third brake light, Fisker wanted to reinforce that while this truck rendering may look good, it is very much not the finished design and that the full vehicle will be radically styled to balance street credibility, usability as a truck, and sustainability associated with electric vehicles.

Tesla Cybertruck Fisker Motors CEO Teases Aggressive EV Pickup In Concept Render 5F4EA909-9F73-4D21-93A7-F87D53024D01
_———————————————————

Tesla has really started a trend that keeps growing. It’s nice, but it ain’t no Cybertruck. And this is just their initial teaser image.
Sponsored

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Hmmm... They want to build the lightest and most efficient truck...

Seems like light will mean that there will be serious limitations in the truckiness of it. Less mass means less ability to tow without being pushed around by the trailer. Less mass means things like body panels need to be as light as possible so they will also be easily dented or crushed. Less mass in the drive train means smaller and probably less powerful motors. Less mass in the battery would mean a smaller range. Less mass means it will be harder to control in extreme conditions like snow, flooding, high winds.

Or maybe they mean it will be the lightest as in having the most lights on it. It does look kind of like a lowered rice racer. Perhaps they will deck it out with LED lights under the body. Have a laser show quality laser device so one can smoke weed, lay in the back, and watch the laser show. Perhaps it has a hidden disco ball that can come out for outdoor parties. Maybe a fog machine? Oh, I know, a bubble machine for a rave. Maybe a DJ booth in the bed. Is the whole back seat a subwoofer? I suppose one could have LED lights in the wheels for some special effects. Do the wheels show some digital message as you drive by like those USB fan lights you can buy? As long as you are getting all these fancy effects, might as well add some jumping air shocks so your "truck" can dance at the rave too. I can't see the front of the vehicle but perhaps the roaming red light from KITT can be added. Or some of the special lighting effects that the GMC Hummer had to show progress while charging. Speaking of which, if this truck doesn't have all these effects I'd like someone to modify a GMC Hummer with all of this. Just saying. It would be a good match.

Of course, if Fisker puts this stuff on their truck, they better live up to the "most efficient" promise so you don't run down the battery and prevent yourself from getting home after the rave.

And after giving us the current picture they then tell just that this isn't even the vehicle they will produce. Apparently, the real one will be "way more radical". Radical? The current image is pretty bland compared to many prototype vehicles. You want radical? Try a Cybertruck. It's so radical that a traditional designer took over 1 year to calm down enough to even be able to present how much he didn't like the look.

Fisker, you need help.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Tesla was saying they were aiming for light as well.

-Crissa
I think there is a difference though. Tesla engineered a lighter vehicle than expected because of an exoskeleton and casting.

The way I read the Fisker release is that they are making lightness a bragging point for its own sake. Looks like typical body design so the way to reduce weight would be to use thinner materials, or lighter material (aluminum vs steel). Kind of the opposite of what Tesla did.

Deleted member 5322

I think a lot of people will find it attractive and perhaps it will be more fittable for Europe, Russia, India, China, and other markets.
For me is the main point is the price. GMC showed us a nice truck, but for $112K I do not need it. If Fisker offers a pickup track for 40-50 grann, I think it will find its place on the market.

egandalf

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Fisker Motors CEO Teases Aggressive EV Pickup In Concept Render
I at first glance read that as "Concept Badger." Oops. My mistake. ;)

I do hope they make a compelling vehicle that accelerates EV adoption, but in order to to that we need less talk and more action from Fisker.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Remote relocatable magnetic door handles. The next killer feature.
Like those trick apps where you go to press the button and the button moves away do you cannot press it?
Sponsored