Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
The Prez comes driving out on stage after we are told we are going to see things that are "so cool". But compared to the Elon plaid launch sequence when he drives a vehicle onto the stage, it was a pretty tame entrance. Followed by vallet jokes when handing over the keys. Very different approach.

And he keeps mentioning "the ocean", "delivering the ocean", "people loving the ocean", and I am thinking about the Pacific not an EV.

And I'm only a couple minutes in.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Fisker Alaska EV truck unveil 1691115681094

So you have more range than the Rivian R1S.... Are there any other EV SUVs out yet?

Look at those wheels. Those look like propellers. Does the Ocean float? Can it be used like a boat? Show me something cool!!

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado,
Occupation
Construction
Country flag

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

Force E is our special new kind of electric off-roading. It is a great package for a new kind of driving. And also, I would say, you know, when we did this vehicle, we were really thinking about... People who actually go out in nature, I would think they would want to go out in nature with an electric vehicle. Enjoy nature, not polluting the nature they enjoy so much. So Force E will be the cleanest and most sustainable all-wheel drive off-road vehicle available.
OK, sounds interesting. I also want an EV to go off-roading with so I can enjoy nature in the quiet, without polluting, etc.

Now, what's unique about this off-road edition, is that it is actually an add-on package. So even if you already bought your Ocean, or are getting your Ocean this year, you can still order this package and we will put it on for you. You can of course also order a new vehicle with this package on it.
Wait... So you mean to say that this isn't a new vehicle? Same old vehicle with some extra thingy-ma-jobs? So... What is this big announcement for? This is just an accessories package?

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

So let's hear about the details of the "package".
  • It's a beast
  • It's got extra wide fenders here with a really cool graphic
  • Those wheels are huge. 33" wheels sitting on 20" aluminum rims - pretty cool
  • It's also durable and it's made for off-road
  • We have a higher ground clearance
  • We also have a protective underbody plate under here
  • We have structural front and rear skid plates
  • We have specialized dampers
  • And of course we have great ramp angles both front and rear
  • So this is really a unique design
  • This package is going to be available in Q1
OK so you took your fancy EV SUV and made it "cooler".

It's a beast without a doubt. But I have to ask you, who is this car for? Who do you see driving this?

Well I think it's kind of for people who loves nature, loves sustainability, like being together with animals. And it may actually be for people who likes to go to those super Bigfoot rallies. What is that called?

Like the monster truck rallies?

The monster truck rallies!! You know. I love those by the way. So I think there's other people who love to go to monster truck rallies and why can't we combine the two? Great monster truck rallies, going off-road, with sustainable electrification...
Um..... Me thinks you need an extra 3 or more feet to your suspension height and MUCH larger wheels if you think any monster truck peeps are going want to buy this thing. If they drove up in this as it is, they would instantly be seen as tourists.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I like to binge on series when it's ended.

Maybe I will watch this Fisker video one day, lol
So wait for the company bankruptcy and then go back to watch the whole history? Or wait a bit longer for the Netflix docu-drama?

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Fisker Alaska EV truck unveil 1691118205381

This long section talking bout sustainability has me hoping for a sledgehammer and large metal ball bearing.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
OK, after that we are just getting a bunch of prototypes that are still being worked on for release at least 2 years away. I'm done.

But new terminology they are trying to use:
  • PEAR - Personal Electric Automotive Revolution
  • FROOT - Front Boot (so a frunk?)
  • HOUDINI TRUNK - A trunk that opens by sinking down into the floor so it's easy to use in tight situations
  • SLV1 - Stands for Symbol, Versatile and Volume (NOTE: Am I miss-hearing this? How does SLV1 stand for those 3 words?)

For the SLV1 platform description see below.

Oh wait... The Prez got the SLV1 definition wrong.... SLV1 is: Simple, Light, Volume. Not sure what the 1 is for though.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I placed my Fisker Alaska deposit tonight. I‘m hedging my BEV pickup truck bets just in case the Cybertruck is Cyber expensive. The estimated starting price is $45k. A midgate is confirmed!

My #1 choice is still the amazing Cybertruck.

Tesla Cybertruck Fisker Alaska EV truck unveil 9EBB004D-4FDE-4C56-BD90-E9AF523D8F12

Last edited:

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag

Tesla Cybertruck Fisker Alaska EV truck unveil thanks-i-hate-it-hate
Sponsored