Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Working
Country flag
Do you put the kids in there too?

People driving a Rolls Royce don’t park in grocery stores parking lot
You’re giving me ideas.

Where I live, people park RR in grocery stores parking lots (and every other crazy car you can think about) but I’ll admit that it’s not representative of the rest of the country.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
In retrospect, maybe the most concerning thing to me is that Ram kept talking about solid state batteries.

There is no sign true solid state batteries are ready for mass manufacturing (1000s of truck scale) any time in the next 5+ years and if they are they will be insanely expensive. I seriously doubt Ram has scooped the entire industry on this.

Munro hashes some of the design out with the Ram guy (and loves the stupid doors). He took one look at their mock up battery pack and basically said there is no chance it ships with that size of a pack. Curious thing is Ram has a cutaway of one pack and it shows pouch cells!! He also said that Ram is suggesting it will have a 500 mile range. ??

Basically confirming what we expected. The cells in the Ram are the rumored LMUb (Lithium Metallic Unobtanium) cells.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Ram will ship a truck.

It will likely look like vaguely this.

How much else the two share in common is a giant mystery.

You tell me how many of these features make it to the final:
  • Passthru that goes all the way into the frunk
  • 3 rows of sliding seats
  • Shadow Mode
  • Nano Stone
  • Polychromatic Glass
  • Wireless charging
  • Inductive Robot Charger
  • 4 wheel steering up to 15 degrees of articulation
  • Adjustable air suspension
  • How long will the bed be (This looks like about 5 foot)
What are the real features and what is fantasy?

You want to nit pick over the fact that the Cybertruck’s specs are going to shift a bit, but fundamentally we’ve seen the truck. The prototypes have echoed the final. No bullshit, no nanostone whatever, no polychromatic glass you might or might not see in the end.

Do you really think there will be a robotic charger? :ROFLMAO:
Of these, I thought the following were nice:

3 rows of sliding seats
Polychromatic Glass
4 wheel steering up to 15 degrees of articulation

And you never mentioned the folding/retracting steering wheel!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Of these, I thought the following were nice:

3 rows of sliding seats
Polychromatic Glass
4 wheel steering up to 15 degrees of articulation

And you never mentioned the folding/retracting steering wheel!
It was like a 9 year old boy telling you what he wants for Christmas. You can’t keep up with the stream of consciousness.

I want a robot with moving arms and a laser cannon. It should be able to turn into a car or a dinosaur… no both. At the same time. Plus it should….

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Ogre is 1000% correct about their emotional attachment to 'buzzwords' and 'gimmicks'. "Ram Revolution... " Ok...

If they truly believed in their product, they'd be able to brag that it needs No Media Advertising, no buzzwords or gimmicks, with the substance and early adopter testimonials doing the marketing - oh wait, only Teslas are able to do that.

Irony is that the advertising money spent could've instead been used for more innovation, quality, or features to increase the product substance instead. That would be a win-win for both the company and consumers. I think by now Tesla has proved that MSM advertising is wasted money.

- ÆCIII

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Ogre is 1000% correct about their emotional attachment to 'buzzwords' and 'gimmicks'. "Ram Revolution... " Ok...

If they truly believed in their product, they'd be able to brag that it needs No Media Advertising, no buzzwords or gimmicks, with the substance and early adopter testimonials doing the marketing - oh wait, only Teslas are able to do that.

Irony is that the advertising money spent could've instead been used for more innovation, quality, or features to increase the product substance instead. That would be a win-win for both the company and consumers. I think by now Tesla has proved that MSM advertising is wasted money.

- ÆCIII
Agree Tesla doesn't rely on advertising, but they are guilty of buzz word adoption.

Plaid
Ludacris Mode
S3XY models...

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Agree Tesla doesn't rely on advertising, but they are guilty of buzz word adoption.

Plaid
Ludacris Mode
S3XY models...
Very true, like with the "Cybertruck", and I was thinking the same thing as I was typing the previous post and was actually wondering if someone would bring that up. But with the CT the shape of the truck would automatically suggest the name as it really 'embodies' the reference considering previous styles, Elon's reference to the movie Bladerunner, etc, and so it doesn't really need the 'label'.

Then there's the 'insane, ludicrous, plaid...' etc but I think in this case the performance actually gives meaning to these words, rather than hype words being pushed at consumers in attempts to suggest performance. Some would say that Tesla's descriptors understate actual performance.

Of course some owners like the 'labels' or 'badges' as sort of bragging symbols or whatever, and to some extent I get that.

In the case of legacy auto, I think they are actually using hype buzzwords for labeling something that otherwise would be perceived more generically or mundane. The problem I have with the hype word 'Revolution', is that Stellantis and all other legacy auto are over ten years late to the EV 'party', so there's nothing 'revolutionary' about what they're doing. Tesla is ahead of them on battery tech too because legacy auto until recently has been without the vision to secure proper sourcing and supplies of optimal battery materials.

To me these are only some of the differences and why Tesla really doesn't need too much hype except a few words for fun here and there, and of course they don't need advertising or such means of pushing any hype like legacy auto feels they need to do.

- ÆCIII

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I was once told by a senior exec from a large multinational company... 'When we stop advertising, we drop 20%'.

Conversably, it can be said, if Tesla starts advertising there is a 20% potential gain.

Of course, this is not science, it is a guide. If Tesla needs to go from 2 million sales to 2.5 it would not be a stretch to say they could just turn on the ad switch.

In the near future as we jump from say 5 million to 7 million, Tesla will probably need to speed up the uptake. MSM advertising may be needed.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

Plaid
Ludacris Mode
S3XY models...
When I hear “Buzz Word” what it makes me think of is industry terms like “3d Printed Mirrors” “Solid State Batteries”, etc… big loaded words. Usually talking about technologies, and often used when simpler words would serve better. Usually coming out of the mouths of people who are trying to convince you they are smarter than they are.

Tesla just has goofy marketing names for features. Maybe nit picky, but they don’t tend to talk over your head. Ok… maybe a bit. But not this much.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
When I hear “Buzz Word” what it makes me think of is industry terms like “3d Printed Mirrors” “Solid State Batteries”, etc… big loaded words. Usually talking about technologies, and often used when simpler words would serve better. Usually coming out of the mouths of people who are trying to convince you they are smarter than they are.

Tesla just has goofy marketing names for features. Maybe nit picky, but they don’t tend to talk over your head. Ok… maybe a bit. But not this much.
Buzz words are in the wheelhouse of all organic synergies. The holistic big picture strategic alignment is a deep dive into the can do attitude of outside of the box synergies. Hard Stop but we can circle back later.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
In retrospect, maybe the most concerning thing to me is that Ram kept talking about solid state batteries.

There is no sign true solid state batteries are ready for mass manufacturing (1000s of truck scale) any time in the next 5+ years and if they are they will be insanely expensive. I seriously doubt Ram has scooped the entire industry on this.

Munro hashes some of the design out with the Ram guy (and loves the stupid doors). He took one look at their mock up battery pack and basically said there is no chance it ships with that size of a pack. Curious thing is Ram has a cutaway of one pack and it shows pouch cells!! He also said that Ram is suggesting it will have a 500 mile range. ??

Basically confirming what we expected. The cells in the Ram are the rumored LMUb (Lithium Metallic Unobtanium) cells.

Sandy also mentioned a V6 engine to give it the HYBRID to go 500miles. Maybe, just maybe. Watch this 'SPACE'

fhteagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, CT Res x2
Country flag
This !

The only thing 'revolutionary' about this platform will be the EREV offering, which should have been in every OEM's lineup a decade ago. Why the entire industry failed to do this in the pickup truck segment still baffles me.

The rest read as barely more than a gimmick to me. I wish RAM the best of luck (the more options, competition, and supply, the better it is for the consumer), but their desperate "please don't buy anything else until we can catch up" show was really really really really painful to watch.
Sponsored

Last edited: