Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I started watching last night and bailed because it was kind of boring. I never even saw the Alaska part. I returned to finish this morning and saw all of the cars and the Alaska and I know several people that will really like the Pear and Alaska; I think this is all good. In fact, if it were made of 3 mm stainless I might go for an Alaska myself. I do not need a full-sized pickup. Driving a 19' truck will probably be a learning experience for me, especially considering that it has been many years since I owned a pickup at all, and that was a Hilux.
Sponsored

israndy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2012 Mitsubishi I-Miev, 2x 2007 Vectrix VX-1, 2000 Honda Insight, 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired from IT
Country flag
One of my favorite reasons to get the CT over other EVs is the fact that you are spending EV dollars and you don't have to worry about when you get your first ding. Like @Jhodgesatmb said I don't want a gorgeous body on a vehicle that I'm likely to beat up

They do show a CCS plug in the video. Wonder what voltage the Fisher vehicles run at. If it's greater than 500v I wonder what speed they charge at when using 400v chargers like a Supercharger.

I love that they showed the 6T-flops car computer, with all the video inputs, but no plumbing for cooling? Can you run Tesla OS on it? My wife walked in during the PEAR intro, heard sub-$25k and placed a deposit on the car

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
With all these interesting truck announcements, and with great pricing, I really hope that the Cybertruck comes out soon with a good production ramp and, as Franz promised, is "all you will need in a truck", which I can imagine as a lot. I am SO tired of waiting. And I am tired of Tesla FUD; it is demoralizing.

Art O'Connor

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2010 Chevrolet K2500HD PU
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Country flag
Henry sure took a lot of jabs at Elon for taking so long to bring CT to market. And he is right. Did Elon delay too long? That Chevy PU seems to be better than CT in a lot of ways. However, the Chevy looks like every other PU on the road for the last 60 years ...

If you want a Tacoma/Canyon size vehicle, that Alaska might fit the bill. We still do not have the specs on the CT. What is its real size? Supposedly, TX Giga is building them; therefore the specs are set. Why not let the CT fans see them? Elon, you are going to loose the market!

CyberJustice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
Henry sure took a lot of jabs at Elon for taking so long to bring CT to market. And he is right. Did Elon delay too long? That Chevy PU seems to be better than CT in a lot of ways. However, the Chevy looks like every other PU on the road for the last 60 years ...

If you want a Tacoma/Canyon size vehicle, that Alaska might fit the bill. We still do not have the specs on the CT. What is its real size? Supposedly, TX Giga is building them; therefore the specs are set. Why not let the CT fans see them? Elon, you are going to loose the market!
There is a 5 year waitlist for the Cybertruck and is one of the most discussed EVs in the world. CT is the market.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

He kind of addressed that at the recent quarterly report meeting (the question was about CT pricing) when he said that interest in the CT is 'off the hook, that it is so far off the hook that the hook cannot be found'. To me it was his way of saying that he doesn't care if he loses some orders; that more than enough others will fill the void. And he is right, sadly. We all know that the delay in bringing the CT to market was unavoidable, as painful as it has been for us waiting the past almost 4 years. All these other companies are taking advantage of improved conditions to make their announcements. There is no guarantee that any of them can meet their production or pricing estimates, but it does add emotional/psychological stress to us (me at least).

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
There is a 5 year waitlist for the Cybertruck and is one of the most discussed EVs in the world. CT is the market.
So while we wait the 5 years for a CT perhaps buy a Fisker... Oh wait... Thats not coming out for at least a few more years....

ericson

First Name
Ericson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Model Y Performance
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
"Pear" "Fruit" "Houdini trunk" their branding team needs help. Is this really an American car company? All of it feels very Euro, presentation and all. Especially when he makes a point to "the monster truck rallies, I love those by the way", really convincing.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
"Pear" "Fruit" "Houdini trunk" their branding team needs help. Is this really an American car company? All of it feels very Euro, presentation and all. Especially when he makes a point to "the monster truck rallies, I love those by the way", really convincing.
I think it’s supposed to be FROOT. Combination of FRont and bOOT. But that also makes it sound more Euro.

fhteagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, CT Res x2
Country flag
Ugh, I'm agreeing with the electric viking?
Don't worry Crissa, we won't hold it against you. Even a stopped Aussie hypejunkie can be right up to twice a day.

As to Fisker, jury is still out in my mind. Asset light / contract production is not a well known road. The only other example of anyone trying it recently that I know of in North America is Europe is Lordstown. And they were doomed to failure from a product that was too little, too late, too poor engineering from the get go. So Lordstown is not conclusive proof to my mind that contract manufacturing can't work on a product as complex as a vehicle.

But I am worried that Fisker is too asset light, mostly in the after sales support and service realm. Rivian has poured huge bucks into standing up service centers and they're still super backed up. Farming out manufacturing is somewhat risky. Farming out service without really right control over your service vendors is a recipe for bankruptcy torte.

Last edited:

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Driving a 19' truck will probably be a learning experience for me, especially considering that it has been many years since I owned a pickup at all
we’ll all be in a CT learning curve together!

four wheel steering in a 19’ vehicle will present all new quirks.

Those quirks may be even *harder* to get used to if like me you’ve been in a full sized truck for decades

add steer-by-wire on top of 4WS and we’ll really be out of sorts at first

SlegMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Physical therapy
Country flag
I hope for more EV variety… and competition.
Sponsored