Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'92 Jeep Wrangler and 22’ Model Y
Occupation
Retired young/Business Owner
Country flag
I think there is a difference though. Tesla engineered a lighter vehicle than expected because of an exoskeleton and casting.

The way I read the Fisker release is that they are making lightness a bragging point for its own sake. Looks like typical body design so the way to reduce weight would be to use thinner materials, or lighter material (aluminum vs steel). Kind of the opposite of what Tesla did.
I find it strange that people are trying to jump on board with this whole "lighter, better, faster, stronger" because Tesla grasp the concept first. Even with these companies competing with Tesla they wont come anywhere close without adapting something like Elon's "First Principle" thinking. Other companies just piggy back onto ideas hence why nothing has changed for the past 100 years. As soon as they piggy back on this "lighter" idea BS Tesla will already be too far ahead of the game.

At the same time I would hate for companies to make "mini van" type of trucks being pumped out for everyone. I remember a time when Jeep was the world class rugged off roading steel beast of a vehicle and now every teenager, mom, street jeep driving idiot has one thats fiberglass crap.... makes me angry.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Like those trick apps where you go to press the button and the button moves away do you cannot press it?
Oh, you mean current websites designed by marketing people that pop an ad while you're trying to navigate? :poop:

EVCanuck

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ЗАЗ-968, Canyonero
Country flag
they don't have any vehicles in production before 2022 and he is thinking about the next vehicle?

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
they don't have any vehicles in production before 2022 and he is thinking about the next vehicle?
I have quite a few designs in my CAD system that have never made it to the CNC machine.... but I"m not trying to sell stock either. :cool:

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I have quite a few designs in my CAD system that have never made it to the CNC machine.... but I"m not trying to sell stock either. :cool:
You should release some teasers on twitter first, then merge with a blank check company and release more teasers on twitter. Then 3D print A 1 to 1 scale prototype and roll it down a hill, you'll be a billionaire in no time!

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
You should release some teasers on twitter first, then merge with a blank check company and release more teasers on twitter. Then 3D print A 1 to 1 scale prototype and roll it down a hill, you'll be a billionaire in no time!
Just make sure you cash out before the whole thing collapses.

duck

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra
Country flag
I think they have a steep hill to climb to catch up with CT, but I wish them well. I think the competition is a good thing. It will push everyone to be better, more efficient & more affordable.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
They have made cars, but not successfully.
Naw, they actually have made cars.

Now, there are definitely companies that haven't.

-Crissa
ungedu, post: 35773, member: 868"]
Fisker is the master of vaporware.

[/QUOTE]
Fisker Motors CEO Teases Aggressive EV Pickup In Concept Render
Calling it a lifestyle pickup, Henrik Fisker hints at an even more radical design down the line.

BY SAMUEL WEBER1 DAYS AGO

https://www.hotcars.com/fisker-motors-ceo-teases-aggressive-ev-pickup-in-concept-render/

In the electric vehicle market, it has become a race to the start with the creation of an electric pickup truck such as the Tesla Cybertruck. As more companies come forward with plans for their trucks, such as what Chevy's future electric truck may look like, one player in the electric car revolution has finally shown their plans. Henrik Fisker (creator of the Fisker Karma) teased an image on LinkedIn showing the automaker's plans for their own electric truck.

Big Reveal
1609624555434.png

In Fisker's own words "we want to create the lightest, most efficient EV pick up in the world! Making it, the most sustainable!" The styling on the truck is much more aggressive than on the Rivian R1T or Lordstown Endurance, with sharp lines along the side and massively flared fenders around the whole vehicle.

Finished with a roof-mounted wing for the third brake light, Fisker wanted to reinforce that while this truck rendering may look good, it is very much not the finished design and that the full vehicle will be radically styled to balance street credibility, usability as a truck, and sustainability associated with electric vehicles.

5F4EA909-9F73-4D21-93A7-F87D53024D01.jpeg
_———————————————————

Tesla has really started a trend that keeps growing. It’s nice, but it ain’t no Cybertruck. And this is just their initial teaser image.
By my calculations, since Henrik started he has produced his Fisker vehicles (many called Karma) at the approximate rate of one every other day. So I wouldn't hold my breath.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Fisker’s return to design with this car-cum-pickup is a bastardization. The narrative brief wrapped around this pickup car makes no sense.

Fisker designed Tesla’s model S. His Karma Fisker was the coolest car design - period. Its interior was a failure. But K-F owners couldn’t keep the propshaft in their cars due to poor mechanical engineering. I mention that as proof that without a thoroughly vetted design brief all the design chops in the world is not enough to overcome weak interior or mechanicals.

Tesla S design brief success thrives, still grows. Its legacy is a testament to upcoming Cybertruck and Tesla success planned for that model design. But there is nothing in this pickup car I can foresee any manufacturer could leverage over the next decade.

Dirt Worker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair Corsa, Mini Cooper, T880 Kenworth, CT
Occupation
Excavation Company
Country flag
Beautiful, but more like a cross over than a pickup. Not the same market. The new Jeep Wrangler pickup is doing very well now though. I think that will be the market for this vehicle. With the home run that Tesla has scored, it is obvious that every auto manufacturer will be racing to build one. Even Mercedes had a version of the Caravan after it hit the market.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
That's some nice looking ART. Not to sure about function. BTW, what's up with the rear door handle?
The rear door handle? They probably misplaced it in their rush to release this render before the year ended. They wanted to be able to list at least one accomplishment in 2020!