Bjorn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tundra, '15 Forester, '16 Fusion, '87 911 Cab
Occupation
Retired Software Exec
Country flag
Been following the competition and it looks like the first retail customer F-150 Lightning was just delivered...

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/🙌-first-f150-lightning-delivery-to-retail-customer-me.10488/
I was looking at a video of the F150 lightning pro. Two motor, manual seats, no carpets, non opening back window, only 230 mile range and 49k price, deliveries 2023 supposedly. My Tundra runs great but it is a thirsty beast! Gonna keep my place in the CT line. We'll see.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
I was looking at a video of the F150 lightning pro. Two motor, manual seats, no carpets, non opening back window, only 230 mile range and 49k price, deliveries 2023 supposedly. My Tundra runs great but it is a thirsty beast! Gonna keep my place in the CT line. We'll see.

With all the reservations already made and only 20% of Ford Lightning shipments being $40K Lightning Pro model, $40K Lightning Pro model for 2022 already sold out, if you made a reservation today how likely is it you receive before end of 2024?

--------------------

Cheapest Ford F-150 Lightning Trims Already Sold Out
By Alex Bernstein , Managing Editor
April 13, 2022
https://www.carsdirect.com/automoti...t-ford-f-150-lightning-trims-already-sold-out

--------------------

Ford: One In Five F-150 Lightning Trucks Made Is A $40K Pro Model Ford says fleets are the core of its business and that's why it is building plenty of base models targeting business owners.
May 09, 2022
By: Dan Mihalascu
https://insideevs.com/news/584709/ford-one-five-f150-lightning-trucks-made-is-40k-pro-base-model/

Darren Palmer, Ford's vice president of electric vehicle programs, told Automotive News that the carmaker already is building plenty of base models aimed at carpenters, plumbers and other business owners.

"Fleets we will look after; they are the core of our business. Even though we could sell more vehicles, more expensive, it's not about the short-term profit. We launched with them right at the beginning and we're giving them 20 percent all through."

--------------------

Fleet Truck Focus for the 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro
by Nathaniel Ehinger
Published on May 18, 2022
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/fleet-truck-focus-2022-ford-f-150-lightning-pro/

Automakers often build the most expensive version of a new vehicle first to drive up margins, but Ford takes the opposite approach. The brand that offers the top-selling truck in the market understands the incredible value of the commercial customer. With this in mind, 20% of all Ford F-150 Lightning models produced are the base Pro version. This is the model that carpenters, plumbers, construction workers, and mechanics look for when they need a truck that’s dependable, affordable, and ready for work.

--------------------

Last edited:

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Automakers often build the most expensive version of a new vehicle first to drive up margins, but Ford takes the opposite approach. The brand that offers the top-selling truck in the market understands the incredible value of the commercial customer. With this in mind, 20% of all Ford F-150 Lightning models produced are the base Pro version. This is the model that carpenters, plumbers, construction workers, and mechanics look for when they need a truck that’s dependable, affordable, and ready for work.

--------------------
One problem with that statement. The first delivery, the one in this thread was a Platinum. Which is the most expensive version.

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag

Bjorneo

First Name
Bjorn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tundra, '15 Forester, '16 Fusion, '87 911 Cab
Occupation
Retired Software Exec
Country flag
It would be a 2023 model if you could get that. So I imagine 2024 delivery?
Sponsored