Ford Hybrid F150 used as a generator

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Can you link to picture of a ballistic glass (bullet resistant glass) that did not crack when hit with 9mm bullet fired by handgun?
Cracking and penetration are two completely different things. It's definitely going to crack. It might even penetrate (depending upon the glass they end up with). But even if it penetrates, that might not leave a regular 9 mm round with much energy left. Would it be still be lethal? Maybe if it hit you in the eye, maybe not in the skull.

But I want to be clear, we don't know what kind of glass the Cybertruck will be equipped with in the actual release. Musk did indicate it might be stronger than the glass at the reveal in two different ways)

1) When Franz broke the side window glass with the steel ball, Elon's comment was "it looks like we have some work to do on that" or something like that suggesting they need to equip it with stronger glass.

2) Elon has said multiple times they want the vehicle they release to always be better than the vehicle they reveal. That bodes well for a glass upgrade.

Personally, I don't live in an area that has a bunch of irresponsible bullets whizzing by my head every year but some people do. And others just have a need to be prepared for the Armageddon they know is coming. Whatever. I don't need bullet proof but stronger is better than weaker for a whole host of reasons. I just hope the glass is not overly heavy. These are two competing qualities.
Sponsored

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
What he does not mention is that only perhaps 30% of that energy is available from the pertrol whereas 90% of the energy stored in a battery is.
I noticed this the first time I watched this comparison video and basically just stopped there. This reminds me of articles that compare an EV's entire energy cycle, power plant to grid to battery, to an ICE vehicle. But they Assume the gasoline pumped into the tank is just magically created.. forgoing any well to wheel calculations.