John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
At oil refineries, you back into spaces so you can bug out quickly if things start to explode.
Sponsored

OP
OP
anionic1

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Agree. This make sense on the CT for when it’s towing.
Agreed. I feel like the location of the port is where a gas filler would be located more or less which makes sense when you are at a gas station. I am certain that far fewer people will back their trucks into their driveway or stalls. The charge port really should be on the front. Elon even admitted that the truck won’t be for a garage. Therefore it will get charged in a driveway in many cases. The wall connector cable is 18’ and the truck is 19’ long. It looks like the charge port is about 17’ from the front. Even if you pull up with the bumper 6” away from your house and the wall connector is mounted right on the front of your house, that 18’ cable will probably not work. I set up a plug very close to the corner of my house by the driveway to get as close as possible. If I have to back into my driveway or any other charger for that matter to charge I will consider this a major design oversight.

richardlpaul

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Agreed. I feel like the location of the port is where a gas filler would be located more or less which makes sense when you are at a gas station. I am certain that far fewer people will back their trucks into their driveway or stalls. The charge port really should be on the front. Elon even admitted that the truck won’t be for a garage. Therefore it will get charged in a driveway in many cases. The wall connector cable is 18’ and the truck is 19’ long. It looks like the charge port is about 17’ from the front. Even if you pull up with the bumper 6” away from your house and the wall connector is mounted right on the front of your house, that 18’ cable will probably not work. I set up a plug very close to the corner of my house by the driveway to get as close as possible. If I have to back into my driveway or any other charger for that matter to charge I will consider this a major design oversight.
My charger is the middle of the garage wall for my Model 3. Once I get the CT I’ll just have to swap them around to charge. Cable should reach no matter where the put it on the CT.

OP
OP
anionic1

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
My charger is the middle of the garage wall for my Model 3. Once I get the CT I’ll just have to swap them around to charge. Cable should reach no matter where the put it on the CT.
Will it fit in your garage with the door shut?

richardlpaul

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Will it fit in your garage with the door shut?
I have measured my garage against the original CT spec, and yes it will fit. I have other neighbors with dual cab Pickups with full size beds and they fit too. I have to because our stupid homeowners association does not allow cars to be parked in the driveway or street. In a pinch, I have a very long third car side I could fit it in if I had to.

OP
OP
anionic1

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I have measured my garage against the original CT spec, and yes it will fit. I have other neighbors with dual cab Pickups with full size beds and they fit too. I have to because our stupid homeowners association does not allow cars to be parked in the driveway or street. In a pinch, I have a very long third car side I could fit it in if I had to.
That’s awesome! I have a smaller garage so I am sure it won’t fit.

richardlpaul

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
That’s awesome! I have a smaller garage so I am sure it won’t fit.
There is also still a rumor they will reduce it by 3% so it fits in standard garages and parking places.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I have managed to avoid all home owner associations. I told my realtor to not bother showing me any homes unless they were my absolute dream home and met all my desires/wants, not just my needs.
Sponsored