Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Like many if not all others on this forum, I watch the progress at GigaAustin (many thanks to the quad squad and others) very closely. Until April progress was going very well and I my only concerns were for when the 8K-ton gigapresses would arrive and be installed or when the battery cell factory would become operational. That all changed with recent rains and now I look at a submerged GigaAustin and wonder if/when the CT will be built, let alone according to schedule. I suppose it is the nature of waiting years for something to be designed and produced that makes us hyper-sensitive to such things, and maybe we are just fed too much great information and need to chill out, but I have become obsessed with what appears to be a planning failure with respect to drainage at the site. Every new thunderstorm further illustrates this lack of planning, with the new road being submerged (Randy's video from last night) being one extra datapoint in this snafu, and I wonder when they will do something proactive to resolve the drainage problem and get back to the task at hand - producing my CT. Are others anxious about this or am I overreacting?
Sponsored

Pilot4hire

First Name
Woor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, Roadster and Cybertruck
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Like many if not all others on this forum, I watch the progress at GigaAustin (many thanks to the quad squad and others) very closely. Until April progress was going very well and I my only concerns were for when the 8K-ton gigapresses would arrive and be installed or when the battery cell factory would become operational. That all changed with recent rains and now I look at a submerged GigaAustin and wonder if/when the CT will be built, let alone according to schedule. I suppose it is the nature of waiting years for something to be designed and produced that makes us hyper-sensitive to such things, and maybe we are just fed too much great information and need to chill out, but I have become obsessed with what appears to be a planning failure with respect to drainage at the site. Every new thunderstorm further illustrates this lack of planning, with the new road being submerged (Randy's video from last night) being one extra datapoint in this snafu, and I wonder when they will do something proactive to resolve the drainage problem and get back to the task at hand - producing my CT. Are others anxious about this or am I overreacting?
I do believe you have the best guy on this earth dealing with all these issues, nature always wins. My quote is: When you think you have it bad… be happy as it can be much worst. Be thankful Elon is on it. Yes, I am waiting for three one was supposed to be delivered on 2020, I am thankful I have a position and that Elon is in charge, if he says there is a delay, I thank him for not putting out lemons. Looks on the bright side… Look at what Tesla has achieved in the last 12 years, all others world wide have not in 100 years. Yes, be HAPPY.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
GigaAUSTIN is on track to achieve dry-in at the end of June. Water intrusion indoors will be controlled and sub-contractor operations can run unimpeded.

Onsite improvements are hostage to logistics and TX monsoons. GigaAUSTIN will need a stretch of TX hot dry weather to finish u/g services, road improvements, parking and after subterranean work is installed Final Grade. That’s about 60 days on a timeline. Hope for July-August.

Final Grade, roadbase asphalt, offsite traffic tie-ins to curb&gutter, controlled intersections and semiphore upgrade if required. That’s 60 days so Sept–Oct.

Lots of pickup work in detention ponds, landscaping, sidewalk, architectural concrete and finish work account for Nov—Feb.

April looks to my eye as SoP for Tesla. With move-in, calibration, moves and resets for equipment I’d be thrilled any day beginning with 4/**/2022. I know the official narrative is SOP Feb but that’s a miracle. Like dry-in was a miracle in Mar’21.

After SoP another 6mo. of construction remains to be wrapped up.

OP
OP
Jhodgesatmb

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
GigaAUSTIN is on track to achieve dry-in at the end of June. Water intrusion indoors will be controlled and sub-contractor operations can run unimpeded.

Onsite improvements are hostage to logistics and TX monsoons. GigaAUSTIN will need a stretch of TX hot dry weather to finish u/g services, road improvements, parking and after subterranean work is installed Final Grade. That’s about 60 days on a timeline. Hope for July-August.

Final Grade, roadbase asphalt, offsite traffic tie-ins to curb&gutter, controlled intersections and semiphore upgrade if required. That’s 60 days so Sept–Oct.

Lots of pickup work in detention ponds, landscaping, sidewalk, architectural concrete and finish work account for Nov—Feb.

April looks to my eye as SoP for Tesla. With move-in, calibration, moves and resets for equipment I’d be thrilled any day beginning with 4/**/2022. I know the official narrative is SOP Feb but that’s a miracle. Like dry-in was a miracle in Mar’21.

After SoP another 6mo. of construction remains to be wrapped up.
Ok, 2 votes for overreacting, 0 for reacting appropriately. I feel better already :)

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
And if it makes you feel better, the spring rains will dry up soon as we are into summer. Barring any hurricanes you should not see too many more rain delays until the fall.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I agree. I quit watching the video updates as Giga TX has a long way to go before 100% completion. I know Tesla wants to get production rolling ASAP to start a revenue stream but construction and weather dictate everything. I think we are roughly 8-months away from SOP, April of 2022.

My #1 CT curiosity right now revolves around the public reveal of the revised, roughly 3% smaller Cybertruck. I want to see the street legal production version with smaller overall dimensions, lack of door handles, side mirrors, windshield wipers, legal exterior LED lighting, etc. I am also intrigued as to what options will be available for the Cybertruck. A “space gray” interior option and black marbled dash w/white veining is on my interior wish list.

I am visiting this forum much less than I used to because everything is now based on speculation/rumors. Mr. Musk/Tesla have been very tight lipped on releasing any CT details. This forum will EXPLODE after reveal day with members thoughts and opinions on the vehicle.

Last edited:

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Reveal

Truck will remain same size or may be reduced
Colors are wraps, maybe chemically died or need to seek 3rd party

***product ships to Los Angeles First***

The CT will have a battery
Spare tire information is classified
Unlikely CT will be equipped with flame throwers, disappointed
Towing consumes more energy
FSD will continue to be debated by users
Bears like CTs
Crissa does not like typos
Those who get a CT first owe the others waiting a digital walkthrough and rides if we show up at your house at 3 AM
Consumers can pick up CT from plant unless you live in Texas. Los Angeles orders receive priority
CTs will show up at drag strips
Lasers!

my career is in jeopardy leaking this information

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
You are over reacting. If we are watching the same flyover the site appears to be well graded with water going where it is supposed to go. There are a lot of vehicles moving around the site and construction seems to be moving forward very quickly. I would suggest taking a break from this obsession for a while. I took a test drive in a Tesla the other day just for fun and they are amazing cars and I am super excited about the cyber truck too but in the big picture its still just a truck.

Julien

First Name
Julien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Palisade, Honda Accord, Reserved Dual Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
Like everyone said, I think you're overreacting. Plus, the part of the factory where the Cybertruck will be built is nearly finished when just a couple of weeks ago it was barely started. I think that's a good sign that things are going well for both the factory as a whole and for the Cybertruck production.
Sponsored