flyinglow

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 335i, F250
Country flag
This isn't Tesla hater bunk. There is real danger of harm if you have an appendage near the top corner of the funk lid when it comes down because there is no sensor there. It is a natural place to put your hand when the frunk lid is up. I am surprised this can be fixed OTA but hope that is true.
Sponsored

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
No more natural selection! Stupid people that do stupid things survive unscathed due to all the over protective measures that are put in place to protect us from ourselves. Sad that there is no more personal accountability or consequernces for your actrions. Everything is now always someone else's fault.
Of all the things that need a fix on the truck, they decided to prioritize the place where you are not supposed to stick your fingers.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
This isn't Tesla hater bunk. There is real danger of harm if you have an appendage near the top corner of the funk lid when it comes down because there is no sensor there. It is a natural place to put your hand when the frunk lid is up. I am surprised this can be fixed OTA but hope that is true.
Why would you need a sensor there?

This sort of safety is all done via voltage monitoring on the accessory drive motors.

And besides, if they need additional sensors, there's a camera there.

-Crissa

flyinglow

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 335i, F250
Country flag
In the various videos, the frunk lid stopped if there was an obstruction at the front but not if there was something at the top corners. As for sensors, I don't care how the solve the problem...cameras, sensors, whatever. I just don't want the liability of possibly injuring someone.

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
Maybe if I make a video of carrots getting crunched under the wheels when I drive Tesla will push out FSD sooner?

Cougs

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
collector chevy K20, cybertruck asap
Occupation
Coach
Country flag
I own a totally restored 1978 Chevy K20 if I close the hood on someone's hand it will break it. There are many vehicles being used with hoods that can cause harm. Tesla will hopefully improve this easily as suggested by Crissa just software tweek. You Tubers turn against Tesla are not just regarding sensitivity of a sensor. You check out JerryRig and his X discussion regarding FSD compared to Ford and others no need to mention.

pricedm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model Y LR. Volvo XC70 T6 retired 9/23
Occupation
IT
Country flag
,...one of Tesla's primary goals is safety as we know. So, if they can control this pinch sensor with software, then i could see them tweaking the sensitivity a bit more to over-compensate for doofs who could find a way to hurt themselves or their children with the power frunk mechanism.
Agree. My 2023 Model Y rear hatch will stop closing on just about any minor soft thing in the way. That's appropriate. Unlike my Volvo which would chop off your finger or carrot. I'm happy to hear this improvement is coming to the Cybertruck frunk.
Sponsored