Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier, 2015 F-150, 1984 Jeep CJ7
Country flag
Interesting video, covering gas prices of the past, present and speculation as to why they aren't drilling.

One that is more humorous, and dips a little bit into market speculation.

Sponsored

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
I cannot accept any "drill more" excuses when the trash fuel they pass off as diesel costs more than premium. I grew up KNOWING that diesel/stove oil/farm fuel was 1/3 the price of gasoline because it was the dregs of the refinery process that was barely fit for stationary boilers and farm equipment. This is unfettered greed all the way up from the corporations that own the fuel stations to the boardrooms deciding collectively to withhold supply to increase profits.

Yesterday, I spoke with a young father working at my local lumber store (think conservative and religious) who considered the Tesla as a viable option despite costing over $40K. I told him it cost me over $550/mo and he didn't blink or wince. I almost forgot that it is expensive to be poor and had to remember that used cars are going for over $600/mo for people I know. Maybe electrics are accessible to more people than I thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.