Getting cold feet. Vin Assigned, pickup anyday. What to do?

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
After watching some Youtubes about FSD beta: if that is included, I would be happy
It is included in the Foundation Series package. It is available as an add-on for any other package when they become available. It may be a few months before it gets ported to the Cybertruck, but it will be there, specifically the FSD Beta.
Sponsored

cyberboi

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
turbo
Country flag
https://www.kengarfffordaf.com/inve...DtPzRtpIOdrKIe7q9uP2m6l-Nrt-zjmRoCgdsQAvD_BwE
How about this? Is the Porsche Carrera money?

hahah

Alpine, my point is this. You love your German sports cars and that’s awesome! More power to you. Personally, I wouldn’t buy another Porsche if my life depended on it. My former Porsche Cayenne was the biggest pile of crap I’ve ever owned.

that being said, I would never criticize anyone from spending whatever they want on whatever car or truck they desire as long as it bring a them joy.

People gonna people. We are all different. That’s what makes us awesome!
A Cayenne isn't a Porsche, sorry.

sigintel

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 X5M, 18 Mustang, race: 79 Stang, 93 Miata, 02TT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Is there something that I am missing?

1705372580682.png
yeaaa... A CT that makes sense by a long shot. Im missing it too bud.

Feelings like hurting....

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Sorry, I’m old school German, I’ll never accept an SUV as a Porsche 🤣
I can accept that.
As I was browsing the Porsche site looking for the information to post. It seems to be pretty obvious that Porsche has been taken over by the dark side, money.

cyberboi

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
turbo
Country flag
I can accept that.
As I was browsing the Porsche site looking for the information to post. It seems to be pretty obvious that Porsche has been taken over by the dark side, money.
Seriously! They are basically all over $100K now. Ferdinand must be rolling over in his grave. Fun fact: he made a battery electric vehicle in 1900. Wayyyy ahead of Tesla 🤣.

Last edited:

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Read it again. There is no obligation for them to give permission to resell if they decline to buy it back. Its two clauses in their favor - you have to get their permission to sell it at all. AND if they do decide to let you sell, they get first shot at buying it back. But even if they decline to buy it, you still need their written permission to sell (within a year of delivery).

My point being not so much to debate the vaguely-written no resale clause but more that they have indeed killed the 3rd party used market which would have been reassuring to those on the fence that they could easily sell if they wanted to or had to.
Legal precedence in contract law implies that Tesla has an obligation to give you an answer in a timely manner. 30 days would be more than enough time for Tesla to respond with a purchase offer. If they don't, you can sell it without much legal liability because they wrote the contract that they failed to perform under.

In other words, if you understand contract law you will understand that you only need to give Tesla reasonable opportunity to buy it. If they fail to act, you are free to liquidate it as you see fit. Sure, Tesla could still sue you, but they wouldn't and, if they did, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on. There isn't a court in the land that would rule you have to wait indefinitely for Tesla to respond or buy it before you take charge and sell it yourself.

If you are unfortunate enough to want to be selling a newly purchased new truck within a year of purchase, make sure you have legal proof that Tesla was properly notified of your intent to sell it (for example, Ceritfied Mail).

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tesla decapitated the scalpers market by introducing the Foundation Series. The resale clause is both unnecessary and offensive. Why punish honest early adopters who may want to flip the vehicle for normal reasons such as they do not like it, their needs change etc..?
Tesla is not punishing people who want to resell it in the first year, they are simply making it clear as a bell that you won't be able to profit from it (unless they don't want to buy it off you for a very reasonable price, relative to what you paid for it).

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
All of the above is vague enough and complicated enough, and scary enough that it basically kills the secondary market while allowing Tesla to pretend to be the good guys.
I'm super stoked that Tesla was able to kill the scalpers market so I can get my own long-awaited Cybertruck without having to wait for the profiteers who placed lots of orders before me, simply so they could mark them up $20K-$80K and sell them to someone without a reservation, someone who didn't plan ahead like we did.

Thank you Tesla! Now just call me up and give me my VIN# cause I'm ready!

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I hear this a lot about how Lightenings are on the lots right now and available.

Why do think that is? At that price point for a Electric truck, shouldn’t they be flying out the door? I promise this isn’t a snarky comment. I don’t know much about the Lightening. My buddy has one and it seems very nice. Why do you think they’re not selling well?
Two words:

Driving dynamics. O.K. there's more:

Boring, ponderous, numb, outdated, software, frumpy styling, still tied to dealerships for service, and on and on. I'm so glad there is a new alternative to what Detroit has been offering us.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Then I drove a Lightning just for the fun of it (I love shopping for cars). Night and day on the perception scale compared to what I thought it would be. Its a traditional 1/2 ton 4-door pickup in every way. Except its electric.
I like the last part. The problem is the first part. I already have a 1/2 ton 4-door pickup parked on the street in front of my house and I don't want an electric version of that. Sure, it gets the job done, but I don't like driving it.

I'm buying a Cybertruck because I want a truck that, when I need to use a truck, I don't regret having to drive a truck. I want to look forward to it.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Then I drove a Lightning just for the fun of it (I love shopping for cars). Night and day on the perception scale compared to what I thought it would be. Its a traditional 1/2 ton 4-door pickup in every way. Except its electric.
OK, so it's just like a traditional gas F-150 in every way, but it has an electric powertrain.

There is a perception that the F150 Lightning is somewhat of a kludge. An electric motor and battery stuffed into the F150 frame and body. Not true at all. Its a ground-up EV vehicle that was intentionally made to look like an F150. Might share some portions of the cab weldment and doors. Hardly anything else.
Sounds like a real contradiction. Now it's not at all like a gas F-150, a ground up redesign that only looks like an F-150.

OK, I get it, you will say whatever helps Ford unload all those unsold Lightnings that are aging on dealership lots. Good on ya! I dont like to see EV's sit around and rot either!

tenetke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Country flag
I like the last part. The problem is the first part. I already have a 1/2 ton 4-door pickup parked on the street in front of my house and I don't want an electric version of that. Sure, it gets the job done, but I don't like driving it.

I'm buying a Cybertruck because I want a truck that, when I need to use a truck, I don't regret having to drive a truck. I want to look forward to it.
The CT is the reason I installed solar and batteries for my home. While waiting for a CT to materialize, I’ve been driving and enjoying my Lightning for about 18 months. I’ve put around 38k miles on it now. I like it so much I’m keeping it and I’m still excited about getting a VIN for my FS order soon I hope.
Things I will prefer without even having driven a CT that I use extensively and appreciate are the power outlets in the frunk and the size of the frunk. I actually use my Lightning to do work, mostly for ranching and agricultural work. I’ll continue to get paid by my utility company every month to charge my Lightning and very much look forward to getting paid to charge my CT via the excess power my solar panels produce. Buy a CT because it’s useful for you, and what’s the point of shaming an early adopter of an ev truck because of the brand or the vehicle itself?
Sponsored