Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
What is latest news on the GigaPress? Expectations were that it should have been delivered by now?

Any ideas?
When weather gets better, the drones will be able to peek inside and find out.

A bunch of stuff moved around in the fog this last week.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Saw some images from inside a few days ago and the Concrete is poured now. Havenā€™t seen any new hardware is on site. But drones have been grounded a bunch.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
@greggertruck and I are watching the shipping lanes. Right now there are 4-5 heavy cargo ships that routinely ply the waters from Genova to Houston. One of them just docked at Houston today, and I am sure that @greggertruck will tell us if there is anything from IDRA headed to GA if he sees it on the manifest. One ship is just about back to Genova with another right behind it. The other 2 are in the Atlantic. So if there is nothing on the one in port it will be another 3 weeks at least. I wish I had better intelligence but this is what I know.

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
Jimmy Hoffa and Shelley Miscavige are currently guarding both Giga-Presses in the Lost City of Gold. Password is: SOMERTONMAN.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
@greggertruck and I are watching the shipping lanes. Right now there are 4-5 heavy cargo ships that routinely ply the waters from Genova to Houston. One of them just docked at Houston today, and I am sure that @greggertruck will tell us if there is anything from IDRA headed to GA if he sees it on the manifest. One ship is just about back to Genova with another right behind it. The other 2 are in the Atlantic. So if there is nothing on the one in port it will be another 3 weeks at least. I wish I had better intelligence but this is what I know.
For what itā€™s worth, since last updates only thing seen delivered in USA was 2 4500 models to Georgia.

Will keep eyes pealed!!

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
When weather gets better, the drones will be able to peek inside and find out.

A bunch of stuff moved around in the fog this last week.

-Crissa
Joe Tegtmeyer showed the Gigapress footings are complete in his video on Wednesday. The Press was not on-site nor in the building at that time. They are ready for it, it seems so I expect the actual press will show up within the next 5 days... hopefully not much longer than that.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Joe Tegtmeyer showed the Gigapress footings are complete in his video on Wednesday. The Press was not on-site nor in the building at that time. They are ready for it, it seems so I expect the actual press will show up within the next 5 days... hopefully not much longer than that.
The press cannot just teleport to GA; it first has to arrive by ship. That is what wecare trying to identify without success. Think that a week away is a fantasy and hope to be wrong but don't see it happening.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
The press cannot just teleport to GA; it first has to arrive by ship. That is what wecare trying to identify without success. Think that a week away is a fantasy and hope to be wrong but don't see it happening.
There's reason to believe it is already in Texas but hasn't been transported to Tesla yet. No point in delivering it when the foundation wasn't even done yet. I don't think it's fantasy to make the trek from the port to Austin in 5 days. I'm not clairvoyant of course but I think we'll start seeing the parts (lots of crates) VERY soon.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
There's reason to believe it is already in Texas but hasn't been transported to Tesla yet. No point in delivering it when the foundation wasn't even done yet. I don't think it's fantasy to make the trek from the port to Austin in 5 days. I'm not clairvoyant of course but I think we'll start seeing the parts (lots of crates) VERY soon.
I am willing to grant that as a possibility except for one thing; ever since @greggertruck announced its ā€˜arrivalā€™ I/we have been tracking cargo ships and we never saw the rest of what he thought was the 9K ton gigapress shipment. As you recall , he saw a 77K lb shipment from IDRA but the 9K ton gigapress weighs in at 590 tons and no one has seen such a shipment. It is certainly possible that we missed it, and it is certainly possible that it is being held in or near the portā€¦all that I am saying is that if this isnā€™t the case it will be a lot longer before another ship could arrive carrying it (a few weeks more). So I hope that you are right.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
I am willing to grant that as a possibility except for one thing; ever since @greggertruck announced its ā€˜arrivalā€™ I/we have been tracking cargo ships and we never saw the rest of what he thought was the 9K ton gigapress shipment. As you recall , he saw a 77K lb shipment from IDRA but the 9K ton gigapress weighs in at 590 tons and no one has seen such a shipment. It is certainly possible that we missed it, and it is certainly possible that it is being held in or near the portā€¦all that I am saying is that if this isnā€™t the case it will be a lot longer before another ship could arrive carrying it (a few weeks more). So I hope that you are right.
Son of a B....
(3) Unconfirmed 9K Press Being Delivered To Giga Austin Site TODAY! | Tesla Cybertruck Forum & Owners Club - News & Discussions - Cybertruckownersclub.com

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag