Tiberius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Chief cook and bottlewasher
Country flag
WTF is it with wrap installers and heat guns?!?!?
Do it right the first time dude!
Not wanting to be picky, but when I see the heat gun come out its a sign that they can't install without it.
What I mean is, if the guy is flattening the (already flat) panel with a heat gun, then he didn't install the film right and is making up for the mistakes by making the film flex to cover it up. Which will over time flex back again.
Heat gun = failure

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
That’s gonna look really nice but trying to maintain that is gonna be crazy. I love the way darker color vehicles look when freshly washed but two days later and every speck of dirt and dust will make that truck look like you never cared about it. I live in an area where it would difficult keeping that looking nice. I love keeping my vehicles pristine but the darker color finishes don’t allow much time between washes before the dirt is visible. My wife has a Midnight Silver Metallic MY and trying to keep it looking good is work. I’m wrapping my CT in Satin Pearl White as soon as I get it.

Last edited:

TwiztOG43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Tesla Model Y LR
Country flag
just wait till the PPF starts tricking in

Flakbait12

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma, Cybertruck Dual Motor
Occupation
Production Manager
Country flag
Not wanting to be picky, but when I see the heat gun come out its a sign that they can't install without it.
What I mean is, if the guy is flattening the (already flat) panel with a heat gun, then he didn't install the film right and is making up for the mistakes by making the film flex to cover it up. Which will over time flex back again.
Heat gun = failure
I believe they are post heating the vinyl. Common practice to insure good adhesion.

Kahpernicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
Heat gun = failure
You're wrong.

SAVFPV

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
All Black Model Y LR, Beast w/ FSD Reserved @ 1149
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
That’s gonna look really nice but trying to maintain that is gonna be crazy. I love the way darker color vehicles look when freshly washed but two days later and every speck of dirt and dust will make that truck look like you never cared about it. I live in an area where it would difficult keeping that looking nice. I love keeping my vehicles pristine but the darker color finishes don’t allow much time between washes before the dirt is visible. My wife has a Midnight Silver Metallic MY and trying to keep it looking good is work. I’m wrapping my CT in Satin Pearl White as soon as I get it.
Always wondered, why is it that white cars look less dirty that dark?? Seems opposite of what's expected ...

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
Always wondered, why is it that white cars look less dirty that dark?? Seems opposite of what's expected ...
Right! I thought the same until I bought a used 2014 MS with a pearl white finish. From a distance it always looked clean.

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I was worried that the Stainless steel CyberTruck was going to ruin the Paint Protecting Film (PPF) market, but it looks like the industry has adapted and improvised. With all these people getting their CyberTrucks wrapped I expect the vinyl installers to start pitching WPF* as an essential addition to any wrap. 🤑

*Wrap Protecting Film

Tiberius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Chief cook and bottlewasher
Country flag