GM to go all EV by 2035

Vrakpant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover 109, Ford Transit Custom
Country flag

I can confirm. BIG FISH on the pizza. And by the way, the Will Ferrell ad has gone viral (and now there are the numerous "replies" to it).
Sponsored

Last edited:

cary1219

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FSD Tri-Motor CyberTruck Pre-Order RN114148589, 2016 FSD Tesla Model S 75, 1982 C10 Stepside, 1974 Corvette Stingray Convertible
Occupation
Industrial Training Coordinator
Country flag
I wonder what the EV Camaro and Vette will be like?!?!?!?!?

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
Interesting that you wrote this just a few hours after this thread was posted:
Electric Construction Equipment News

Especially the part about the Liebherr LR 1250.1 crawler crane which is reported to:
I agree with you FutureBoy. Everyone seems to forget that electric motors (OLD technology electric motors) are what drives all of the rail trains here in the U.S... because it has an unbeatable torque profile and resiliency. Put new technology BEV into construction equipment and the reliability and strength get better.

P.S. I know the engines are diesel driven. But those are run at an optimized RPM and they drive the electric generators ONLY. The drive motors are all electric.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Biden has said recently his plan is to replace all 650K government vehicles with BEV, my only concern will be military vehicles that need to be mobile and be no where near a charging access,

The very low maintenance with BEVs would be beneficial
the military has already stated their preference for EV as they don't need a supply chain for fossil fuel supply..... and they're quieter with fewer parts.

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
I agree with you FutureBoy. Everyone seems to forget that electric motors (OLD technology electric motors) are what drives all of the rail trains here in the U.S... because it has an unbeatable torque profile and resiliency. Put new technology BEV into construction equipment and the reliability and strength get better.

P.S. I know the engines are diesel driven. But those are run at an optimized RPM and they drive the electric generators ONLY. The drive motors are all electric.
I agree with both of you. And it’s here. I am in the business of building new (electric) railroads and tunnels, and we already have requirements for «green» construction sites with low carbon footprint and have electric diggers, cars, etc. Only reasons not to is if it is highly specialized machinery/vehicles, no grid for charging infrastructure, or a documented reason of undeliverable electric vehicles (because of strong demand or delayed production). Or needed range, but that is quickly getting better on coming trucks.
Sponsored