GatorCyber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model X
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
I saw one a couple weeks ago in FL with a MI plate. I had to walk by it twice, because I didn't know it existed. Must have been an employee because they aren't for sale yet? It looks way better than the Silverado EV.

Wonderful

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Macan, Audi R8 and soon Cyberbeast
Country flag
This is really making it hard to buy a Cybertruck now. I'm still waiting for my beast VIN...

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
This is really making it hard to buy a Cybertruck now. I'm still waiting for my beast VIN...
Need to stop FS. CT is such a good deal without that extra 20k

Fleetwood75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model X, 2017 GMC Yukon
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Country flag
I have a 2017 GMC (Yukon) that has had so many problems, and it only has 50,000 miles on it. I was a lifelong GM loyalist, coming from a GM family (my dad, grandfather, and aunt all worked for GM at one time or another) but I have sworn off all of their cars after this Yukon. I had owned five GM cars before this Yukon, but there's something that the 2017 Yukon and my 2013 Camaro had in common. The infotainment software is garbage, and GM basically never updates their software after the first year. On an older ICE vehicle you can kind of live with buggy software because it's really only controlling the radio, but on an EV the software is critical and I'm just not convinced that GM can do EV software right. I'm also not convinced that they won't abandon their current software in a short time frame. I suspect that in like 2026 they'll decide to switch to a whole new software platform for their EV's and all of the 2022-2025 Ultium platform owners will end up stuck with a permanently buggy software that receives no further updates or development. This is just my hunch based on their past performance.

ChiTownCT

First Name
AL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
To be honest, it does look real nice..

Pops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY, CyberBeast
Country flag
I already got my Cyberbeast, but I would have picked the Denali EV in an alternate timeline where:
  • It was on sale at the same time
  • GMC had a comparable FSD solution available off highways
  • It had dent resistance like the CT
Over all I think its easy to argue the Denali EV is a better vehicle/buy.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I have a 2017 GMC (Yukon) that has had so many problems, and it only has 50,000 miles on it. I was a lifelong GM loyalist, coming from a GM family (my dad, grandfather, and aunt all worked for GM at one time or another) but I have sworn off all of their cars after this Yukon. I had owned five GM cars before this Yukon, but there's something that the 2017 Yukon and my 2013 Camaro had in common. The infotainment software is garbage, and GM basically never updates their software after the first year. On an older ICE vehicle you can kind of live with buggy software because it's really only controlling the radio, but on an EV the software is critical and I'm just not convinced that GM can do EV software right. I'm also not convinced that they won't abandon their current software in a short time frame. I suspect that in like 2026 they'll decide to switch to a whole new software platform for their EV's and all of the 2022-2025 Ultium platform owners will end up stuck with a permanently buggy software that receives no further updates or development. This is just my hunch based on their past performance.
I'm ready for apple car play to take over your infotainment. And I don't even like apple like that lol

Fleetwood75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model X, 2017 GMC Yukon
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Country flag
I'm ready for apple car play to take over your infotainment. And I don't even like apple like that lol
What's funny is that my 2017 infotainment system has Apple CarPlay but it only occasionally works, and sometimes it just freaks out and becomes unresponsive. I don't blame Apple for that though because other manufacturers don't have those issues with it

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
What's funny is that my 2017 infotainment system has Apple CarPlay but it only occasionally works, and sometimes it just freaks out and becomes unresponsive. I don't blame Apple for that though because other manufacturers don't have those issues with it
I believe it. We need an infotainment specs race lol
Sponsored