Got flipped the bird on the road

CTInProcess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
For the time being sure - kick the can down the road and legacy is in big trouble, no matter how many f150s Ford sells now.
We’ve been saying that for well past a Decade. Ford and GM are never going away.

And we shouldn’t be hoping for their demise. Last thing I want is everyone looking the same driving the same Tesla. That would be a boring life….
Sponsored

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
You are the Woke, they are the anti-Woke.
This is why driving a Tesla gets so much hate. I have friends who are on the left and on the right, Tesla is the only topic they universally agree about.

I've gotten yelled at by my liberal friends because Musk promotes hate speech.

I've gotten yelled at by my conservative friends, because EVs are a scam by the liberal government and the batteries are worse for the environment than gas.

Usually you need to avoid only one side to stay away from the crazies, Tesla is universally hated by people who don't drive one.

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
This is why driving a Tesla gets so much hate. I have friends who are on the left and on the right, Tesla is the only topic they universally agree about.

I've gotten yelled at by my liberal friends because Musk promotes hate speech.

I've gotten yelled at by my conservative friends, because EVs are a scam by the liberal government and the batteries are worse for the environment than gas.

Usually you need to avoid only one side to stay away from the crazies, Tesla is universally hated by people who don't drive one.
I for one will let them drive around a parking lot to get them on my side of the EV debate. 🤣

SlegMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Physical therapy
Country flag
Hey Matt...don't sweat it. Let it be like water off a duck's back. When the Hummer H2's first came out years ago, I had one and received the "bird" on a regular basis. I also got handwritten notes tucked under my windshield "educating me" on what a terrible gas guzzler my vehicle was and how I was essentially headed straight for hell by having one.

At first, their "finger erection" made my blood boil and I wanted to pull over and kick some A$$! But later, I just smiled and gave a responding 'thumbs up" gesture to these ignoramuses ...mouthing "thank you", as if their gesture was a compliment of admiration. My smiling reaction seemed to confuse these simple-minded "sheeple", as they didn't get the response they were hoping to illicit. These "drive-by Flippers" are kind of like the basement-dwelling losers who are bold and confrontational on the internet, but would cower in a face-to-face "discussion". We should just have pity on them as clearly they have to struggle with the daily challenges of "special needs". Some contemporary scientists believe this "finger erection" is actually just an involuntary spasm that occurs among the simple-minded when they encounter something that they perceive to be profoundly awesome. Essentially...they just can't help it. :)
Seriously, don't let these kinds of jealous, un-informed, low-character morons diminish your experience driving the 'badest' truck in the land. :) I love what Jeremy said above..."Wolves (or Lions) aren't concerned about the thoughts of sheep. " Driving your CT should enhance your life experience...don't empower idiots to diminish that gift. :) P.S. I've had my CT Tri-motor on order since 11/19/19...can hardly wait.
I blow them a kiss. Kill ‘em with kindness.

UnRich1

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TriMotor CyberTruck ordered , Kia Teluride, D1500
Occupation
Retired Diplomat
Country flag
Well, this native born Idahoan apologizes for your experience with your loan a$$H0le. He is probably an import anyway. God knows we have enough of those. It’s the cost of growth; but on a positive note, we are gaining diversification.

CactusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance, and Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Country flag
I think I'm going to install a bubble machine in the bed. If I get coal rolled, I'll swoop past them, roll open the Tanau and make bubbles..

DeBergo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Contractor
Country flag
I think sometimes they are a bit mentally overwhelmed and that’s the first thing they think of. I had an 8 year old kid spit a big lugie (he missed)at the truck after his mom ask if he could look at it closer. She said he’s got cybertruck toys, shirts, ect. He just got so excited he literally spit lol.

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Country flag
I think sometimes they are a bit mentally overwhelmed and that’s the first thing they think of. I had an 8 year old kid spit a big lugie (he missed)at the truck after his mom ask if he could look at it closer. She said he’s got cybertruck toys, shirts, ect. He just got so excited he literally spit lol.
It's droll!

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Country flag
Sticks and stones my hurt my bones and so is vandalizing my Cybertruck with it.

But words and gestures, nah, but I do answer back with quick wit.

When someone said it's ugly, I would say: I believe you you've been married with her what 30 years? :p

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Are you still referring to California numbers when you said this?
Yes. That's why it was in a paragraph that said 'But regionally... ...in California...' in the paragraph's topic sentence.

If you include all the variants, nationwide, sure.

But regionally... 16% of all cars sold in California last year were Tesla. More Model Y were sold than all F150 + GMC + RAM combined.
Again, why is this even a topic unless you own stock? You realize every car that is ever made is sold, even if it takes longer than expected.
Tell that to Fisker. 😬

-Crissa

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
That is 100% false. I've met 100's of "Tesla curious" people. Many have told me they are thinking of getting one and are curious about things like range, features and reliability. I don't recall any that mentioned Musk in a bad light (and a few that mentioned him as amazing and/or forward looking).

The Musk hate is mostly irrational. He doesn't promote hate speech, he stands up for freedon of speech while de-promoting hate speech on X. That's right, he actually does the exact opposite of promoting hate speech. This is just one more made-up false narrative designed to turn people away from EVs and keep them sucking gas.
Sponsored