Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
If they sell the "Limited" Foundation Series in to the 2025 Model Year, I'm raising the BS Flag on it being "limited". Limited to two model years is still limited, I guess though....just like air is limited. Everything is Limited by how much there is. In fact, I have a "Limited Edition Model Y", because Tesla has not yet reached their limit on how many they are making.
Do you really care about the "limited" BS, or are you just ragging on the concept that something is limited when the size of the group is larger than you think it should be (whatever that is). Some things in limited release are more like 100. Someone draws the line and it is usually the creator and not the public.
Sponsored

Sjohnson20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD, Model Y
Country flag
For me part of the fun is getting it now cause I like new tech. So it was worth it for me to get now. But I also got the iphone 1 right when it came out. Some people might prefer to wait. I am not that person.

Jager

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model 3 LR AWD, Several Motorcycles
Country flag
There's a difference between being able to afford something and not seeing the value proposition in a premium markup.

Being able to do something, and doing it, are two different things.

Some of us refuse, on principle, to pay above MSRP for a vehicle (as many other things). Which is not at all a critique of the many who are willing to pay the extra markup on a Foundation Series in order to get a Cybertruck sooner. But throwing the "you can't afford it" shade at the OP because he doesn't see that value and doesn't want to make that choice is pretty sad.

RandyS

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 Performance, 2021 Model Y LR
Country flag
OP, I wrote this on Facebook for another post yesterday and I hope it might be good information for you...

just to be fair with the Cybertruck pricing comparison of the Foundation series vs. waiting...When people say it's an extra $20K for the Foundation series, yes, that's true. But it's not like a dealer markup with nothing to show for it...Some people are not taking into account all the stuff you get with it. If you're just going to buy a "stripped down" version later with no options at all, then, sure, you can save some money down the road by waiting. But if you're going to buy any of the options below that will be included in the Foundation series, then the $20K difference will be less when you're done buying options (and it could be much less). Here's a list that someone else put together on this forum that shows the approximate price for the items included with the Foundation trucks:

$295 All-Weather interior floor liners
$115 Glass roof sunshade
$40 Center console tray
$45 Gear locker dividers
$40 Vault D-rings
$25 L-track hooks
$25 L-track bottle opener
$1,000 White decor (current Tesla upcharge from black to white interior)
$600 Powershare home charger
$230 Powershare mobile connector
$1,000 - $2,000 est. Powershare/Powerwall v3 gateway plus installation up to $4,000 install credit for Beast version
$3,000 20 inch Cyberwheels with 35 inch tires (based on Rivian upcharge and cost of one Cyberwheel spare $1,200)
$7,000 FSD if configured on order prior to configuration locked by Tesla.
$1,000 Lifetime premium connectivity ($100 per year)
-------------------------------------------------------------
$14,415 - $15,500 estimated value + $4,000 for Beast powershare install

So take a look at the options that you might buy and add them up. You may realize that the $20K premium price is not really $20K when you price out what you might eventually buy later....

Do you want to connect the truck to your home for backup power? How about FSD?
Sponsored