Hankook wades onto airless tire future

Deleted member 11233

Are those honeycombs going to be covered with a sidewall or will they be collecting areas for mud, stone, and ice to be flung willy-nilly into other vehicles?

OP
OP
MEDICALJMP

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Just how often do you expect snow, mud, ice, aliens, whatever, to be inside the honeycomb?

Say, for example, you just get done off-roading in mud up to the wheel wells. You pull out of the mud and get on to hard gravel road 10 miles from the highway -- as it seems most ingress/egress points are. How long after you leave the mud trail do you think will be flinging itself out of the honeycomb structure after 100 meters? 200 meters? 100 miles down the interstate?

There are not infinite amounts those small holes will retain. You will kick up more road rocks driving on the unimproved road than you ever will debris from inside the honeycomb.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
The issue isn’t so much flinging debris. It’s balance. If debris (water, snow, ice, mud, rocks, bees, worms, snakes, mice, children, puppies, coins, pencils, condoms, plastic straws, etc.) gets into the tire it will make the tire off balance. At speed an unbalanced tire will become annoying at best, possibly undriveable.

I feel like we’ve been through this already.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I would love to have these tyres. I guess we won't need a spare. (or very rare if we did)

Handy for long travels with a Caravan… Space and weight is a consideration.
Sponsored