Occupation
Self
Country flag

Bill906

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I know we've talked about this type of tire before... Without seeing/trying it myself I cannot say for sure but that design looks like it will have serious issues in mud, sand, snow, slush and ice conditions.

Example scenario: Warm, sunny winter day. Snow melted and created a 3 inch water puddle in my driveway. I park in that puddle and water goes "in" the tire. Overnight temperature drops below freezing. Puddle turns to ice. Next morning I leave. If the frozen water doesn't damage the tire as I take off there will be a large mass of ice in one part of the tire causing a serious tire imbalance. If I keep driving ice pellets may be flung out of tire at high speed and in random directions.

Maybe they've thought of that and have done something to prevent it. But I'm not seeing it in the pictures.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Researcher
Country flag
I'd like to think that a company like Michelin would produce a tire that can be used in states and countries that have the conditions you are speaking of, and that is just about everywhere. Otherwise it is just a stunt.

Advertisement

Advertisement