MiguelAznar

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 3-motor
Country flag
Any estimates for height from bed to underside of tonneau cover. I’m wondering if it will be possible to pull front wheels from a couple mountain bikes, drop saddles, and wheel them in backwards against the midgate. The front forks would go on a mount on a 2x4. Would the tonneau cover clear the saddles at the high end and handlebars at the low?

I know @Ogre must be thinking about this. For me, I want 29er full suspension cross country bikes to hide under the cover. Backup plan is to lay them down, maybe without pedals.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Your needs and mine are the same.

My understanding is it’s about 30-36 inches under the cover in the front and 20 inches at the tailgate. I seriously doubt standing up with the front tire removed will work with the vault closed.

I’m planning on carefully laying the bikes on their side when they need secured. Otherwise they will be vertical likely with both tires on.

OP
OP

MiguelAznar

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck 3-motor
Country flag
Do motorcycles have dropper posts and removable front wheels?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Just measured my handlebars it’s about 33 inches from the fork bottom to the top of the handlebars which Would fit. However the seat post even with the dropper down is about 36 inches and as far back as it is I don’t think it would fit

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Do motorcycles have dropper posts and removable front wheels?
Well, mine doesn't care if it's laid down. Only fluid is brake. And yes, you can take wheels off, it's just a bit to put them back on. It's not a simple thing, no. Heck, I hate that my alignment on my mountain bike has to be re-done every time I do it, too.

But it's the forward eave of the tonneau I'm worried about intersecting my cargo.

-Crissa
Sponsored