Hookalakupua

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-Motor
Country flag
Love the idea of the Cybertruck autonomously driving to a pick up location. Imagine putting in your canoe up stream on a river for a multi day trip and the Cybertruck is is waiting at the take out location when you are done.
Exactly! Canoe, ski, mountain bike...the options are limitless with outdoor activities!

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Hey Elon,
Include a cord in the CT that will let us give some electrons to stranded EVers.
AFAIK every EV shipped comes with that cord but perhaps only with a NEMA 5 - 15P plug. Certainly the CT will have 5 - 15R but as 240V has also been promised there will be a receptacle for that perhaps as big a a 14-50R (my hope) and the average BEV driver might not have the adapter for that. But you, as a Telsa owner, will probably have the 14-50R adapter in your kit which you could lend to another Tesla driver you were trying to help. And if you really wanted to be the good Joe you could carry a Telsa Tap or BlackMamba (which you might also find useful in charging your own vehicle) to charge J1772 BEV. Another item which could be of benefit to you and a fellow stranded BEV driver might be a 14-50R extension cord.

Tesla won't be adding anything to the truck to enable it to fulfil this goal. The truck comes with everything needed to charge any other BEV to Level 1 or Level 2.

Now I''ve been resisting the urge to do this for a long time but as I keep seeing it over and over again I am going to point out that when you charge a car you do not make a net transfer of electrons to it. Every electron that flows into a car flows back out. When a battery is charged electrons are pumped from the battery cathode to its anode. When the battery discharges those electrons flow back to the cathode. The battery does not gain or lose electrons.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Wouldn't it be mind blowing to have a delivery date and the CT just roles up my driveway with no one in the drivers seat.....?
My pre-loaded cell phone unlocks the door and the deal is done.
This would require a functioning autopilot

Not sure how it would deal with tolls/ferries, but those are just details
EzPass

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Hey Elon,
Include a cord in the CT that will let us give some electrons to stranded EVers.
Isn't that what the CT was doing on reveal night with the ATV? Plug in from the receptacle in the bed of the truck? For that matter, if you had a 220 construction cord with adaptor, couldn't you fast charge someone?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Well, if the CT allows direct connection to the batteries - like for expanded solar charging or a booster battery or one in a trailer - there could be an option to DC charge another vehicle.

That would be pretty cool.

-Crissa

OP
OP
Hookalakupua

Hookalakupua

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-Motor
Country flag
Hey Elon... What about a “T-Rex” option for the CT! Not exactly sure what it would include but I’m sure you could come up with something! Maybe it’s the simple ability to play the sound of a T-Rex. ??

Oobbeeddoo

First Name
Bryn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MGTF 160
Occupation
Environmental professional
Country flag
Hey Elon _ how about revolving seats for a conference mode.
And a hot water thing ( 'kettle' maybe the technical term ) for the British version. ?
Sponsored