Hoping for a 5 seater option and remove the 3rd seat in the front.

Kingace74

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Country flag
Not sure if this has been discussed here yet, but I am really hoping that Tesla offers a 5 seater option. I will never use the 3rd seat in the front, and I personally don't like it. I would rather have a traditional center console with storage and cup holders. Thoughts or opinions?
Sponsored

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I love Six seat setup the way it is. Middle seat gives you more options on how to use your turck and in my case, although it is not often, chance of having 6 people in the truck is higher than 5. Flexibility of having a seat when I need it and console when I don't was a big selling point of the original design for me.

Stinkd

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius V5, 1948 Bus, Mercedes SL500
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think the front center seat could fold down, creating a center console. It seems that would be an easy thing to develop.

CWiley

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Chevy Silverado
Occupation
Contractor
Not sure if this has been discussed here yet, but I am really hoping that Tesla offers a 5 seater option. I will never use the 3rd seat in the front, and I personally don't like it. I would rather have a traditional center console with storage and cup holders. Thoughts or opinions?
I have 5 grandchildren who argue over who gets to sit in the front seat next to papa...! I wouldn't trade that for the world!

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
have the 6th seat in my 2016 GMC2500 - never used it once, but I do use the center console daily and it sux compared to the 5 seater option...and that's on an ICE vehicle that has the trans tunnel....I'll deal with it like I do now, but would prefer and pay for 5 seat option

S1d3w1nd3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, GMC Acadia, Ram 3500 Cummins
Country flag
I have a Ram 3500 Cummins crew cab long box with 6 seats and had to look a while to find one. Finding a used truck without a work style interior to fit our family of 6 was nearly impossible to had to buy new. If the CT did not come with the 6 seat option, I would not be interested.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Me an my girl are beginning to spawn crotch goblins, so we want the 6 seats if for no other reason than the real estate. We never want a minivan, so a 4 door truck will do.

soonerdy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I would give up that seat if the infotainment screen could be set up like the new roadster will be.

CEB12

First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 Thunderbird, 2006 F250 King Ranch 2011 Fusion
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would like the 5 seater myself. the center console makes for a neat looking cockpit, like many of the modern pickups.

Stinkd

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Prius V5, 1948 Bus, Mercedes SL500
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I did enjoy driving a 76 VW bus, It certainly had two separate front seats, and when I wanted I could pull over, raise up my right side armrest, and walk to the back seat area. If the CT was set up less like an SUV, and more spacious so one could walk from front to back seats, without opening any doors, that would be cool.

Like, say, if the space under the LCD screen had a set up for cup holders, in a table shape, which also opened up for storage compartment, leaving enough space so the front seat people could still shimmy to the back seats, and thereby could open the back window opening toward the enclosed cab, so even if crazy weather conditions (or extremely tired driver conditions) existed, it would be possible to stay inside.

Last edited: