Nidavellir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pre-Order CyberTruck
Country flag
Given Quad Motor have taken over first production roll -out; how long are you willing to wait for your CyberTruck - I am at 6 years now given priority has shifted based upon Quad and Tri-Motor priorities. Will you be willing to wait 5 years or more or eventually will you shop elsewhere?
Have we been given an official announcement of which models are rolling out first? Have we been given proof that a quad motor will even be an option?

rjtumble

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Avalanche, Subaru Forrester, Ford Focus, 1932 Deuce Coupe
Occupation
Computer Support
Country flag
Given Quad Motor have taken over first production roll -out; how long are you willing to wait for your CyberTruck - I am at 6 years now given priority has shifted based upon Quad and Tri-Motor priorities. Will you be willing to wait 5 years or more or eventually will you shop elsewhere?
What’s the latest thought regarding if you reserved a tri-motor? Are you getting automatically switched to the quad, will you be asked when your reservation comes up, some other guess?

For me, I don’t have a burning need for a new vehicle, so I’m just pumping car payments into a brokerage account. If it takes longer, I’ll end up with enough cash to just pay for it.

Fritztech

First Name
Fritz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 GMC Yukon XL Denali
Country flag
I have a six year old GMC Yukon XL Denali. I can wait 5 to 10 years. My other Yukon lasted 16 years, barely. Cybertruck is the answer. If gasoline gets too expensive before then, Model Y it is.

Fritztech

First Name
Fritz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 GMC Yukon XL Denali
Country flag
I have a six year old GMC Yukon XL Denali. I can wait 5 to 10 years. My other Yukon lasted 16 years, barely. Cybertruck is the answer. If gasoline gets too expensive before then, Model Y it is.

Trbizwiz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 RWD, Dodge Challenger
Occupation
Logistics
Country flag
It's a balance. I'll wait until it makes sense to buy the 500+ mile variant.
My F150 has 136k miles on it now and it drives fine. So if the first CTs available are not capable of 500 miles, I'll wait. If the price of the 500+ CT is more then initially advertised when my reservation comes up, maybe I'll wait more. But if gas is $5/gal then maybe I won't wait.

Right now, I'm assuming my reservation that was made in the first 24hrs for a trimotor to be deliver to CO, will have me finalizing a purchase by next spring for the introductory price.
If you're worried about getting it too soon, and over paying, I'll happily swap you reservations, so you don't have to cancel. I have a reservation from NOV 2020, and another one from about 4 months ago. I am figuring those are probably about 3 years apart in delivery time. I figured it would be nice to upgrade by then, as the trucks will get better every month after release and real world testing and application, with customer feedback. Truck owners are very opinionated, and Tesla will actually listen.

As more and more people switch to EV, I would think its less likely that gas returns to $5/gallon, as there will be less demand, unless producers cut production, to inflate the demand versus supply ration.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
you don't know that. no one does, except a select few.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
I want mine after the TSLA share are over 400$ lol
I ordered the tri-motor in the first 24 hours of the reveal and according to the spreadsheet I am 34 k corrected and due to get mine May 2024. Although I have a model 3 to trade in (trade in price has been dropping with the price cuts), I still need to sell some of my tesla stock to buy, so I will need the stock to come up to at least 250-300 USD. Hopefully next year will be better for the stock after the CT starts deliveries and the model 2 is revealed. This year seems to be a right off for the stock.

Trbizwiz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 RWD, Dodge Challenger
Occupation
Logistics
Country flag
you don't know that. no one does, except a select few.
I think what we do know, is that when Giga Austin started production of the structural pack Model Y with 4680's, it was a dual motor standard range, most likely because of the power density of the first gen 4680's. There is evidence floating around, speculative though it may be, that the energy density of 4680's is improving. However if energy density remains a problem, just like Model Y, I doubt they do high performance, or long range Cybertrucks initially. I don't know if they will do single motor either. It seems most likely that a dual motor sub 300 mile truck would be first. I hope they scale high energy dense 4680's and get the high performance "halo" version of Cybertruck out first. It'll grab the attention of the naysayers, which is really good for TSLA, and it'll be high margin, also very good for TSLA.
I am kind of wondering if the production start date is going to coincide with the ramp up of that battery cathode factory on the Giga Austin site. It sort of seems like that is key to getting the batteries they need for the specs of Cybertruck.
It seems like Tesla is betting as big on 4680, as they are betting on FSD.

rizvend

First Name
CyBrNrD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybrtrk, aptera reserved
Occupation
Nurse Informaticist
Country flag
6 years? How is that possible when reservations only opened up in 2019? 4 years ago.

OP
OP

ranjames

First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F350
Occupation
Cyber EVP
Country flag