MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Cybertruck would have no trouble with a dumping trailer like this one.
1682626977754.png

Only place where it would get into trouble is with 5th wheel RVs where there is a wide front area which is lower. This trailer has a narrow front. Lots of goose necks do.
that’s a standard gooseneck. Unless there’s a bed attachment system I’ve yet to see on any prototypes, there isn’t a way to mount the ball & retainer. The sail pillars could definitely interfere with this on certain terrains you might encounter using a dump trailer or in sharp turns

there is an automated safety hitch on the market that is basically a braked axle with a hitch on top. I’ve pulled one before and didn’t like it but they do exist

Last edited:

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I'm a fan of the perlage surface pattern watch makers use inside the case. Overlapping circular patterns that resemble fish scales when completed. I think it'd be something I could do myself to my CYBERTRUCK with a Scotchbrite pad on an angle grinder.

Tesla Cybertruck How will you customize / modify your Cybertruck? 1683056189461

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
that’s a standard gooseneck. Unless there’s a bed attachment system I’ve yet to see on any prototypes, there isn’t a way to mount the ball & retainer. The sail pillars could definitely interfere with this on certain terrains you might encounter using a dump trailer or in sharp turns

there is an automated safety hitch on the market that is basically a braked axle with a hitch on top. I’ve pulled one before and didn’t like it but they do exist
I don’t see how the sail pillars would ever touch this even at 90 degrees turn.

What makes you think there is no way to mount a ball on the Cybertruck? From everything I’ve seen with the bumper and underside, it looks like Tesla has built the truck with accessories in mind. The 14,000 pound weight they quoted for towing is clearly in the ballpark of the sort of trailer you’d want a gooseneck for.

You are making some broad assumptions here.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
I don’t see how the sail pillars would ever touch this even at 90 degrees turn.

What makes you think there is no way to mount a ball on the Cybertruck? From everything I’ve seen with the bumper and underside, it looks like Tesla has built the truck with accessories in mind. The 14,000 pound weight they quoted for towing is clearly in the ballpark of the sort of trailer you’d want a gooseneck for.

You are making some broad assumptions here.
everyone discussing this is making assumptions unless you have pics of the attachments and their placement to share

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
everyone discussing this is making assumptions unless you have pics of the attachments and their placement to share
”It’s not possible for the Cybertruck”

Lots of assumptions built into that comment.

“I don’t see any reason it’s not possible.“

I’m not assuming anything. Maybe Cybertruck won‘t support a goose neck type connection… but there is nothing we’ve seen that would prevent it.

Most goosenecks have a ball mounted about 40-45“ off the ground. This should be possible with the Cybertruck, the exact trailer I linked has a pretty big lift above where the ball mounts and the neck of the goose which should leave lots of clearance for the sail pillars.

Thats… literally all we have.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
We do knot that the kind of mounting that require you bolt through the frame and drill holes into the bed won't work - but we also know there's a bunch of other kinds of mounting types.

-Crissa
Sponsored