How many of u are holding or selling your tesla stock to buy a cybertruck on reservation day?

How many of u are holding or selling your tesla stock to buy a cybertruck on reservation day?

• Total voters

Knownos

First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
So like the title says im curious to see how many people are willing to make the hard choice weather to sell their tesla stock when the cyber truck does come out so they dont miss there reservation if and when it does start going into production late next year 2021 or plan to just cancel the reservation just to keep holding in hopes of making alot more money in the stock over the long term 5-10 years of holding the stock .
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
One's reservation has nothing to do with whether he owns stock or not.

SEER

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, ZR-2, K3500 dually, Cybertruck
Country flag
So like the title says im curious to see how many people are willing to make the hard choice weather to sell their tesla stock when the cyber truck does come out so they dont miss there reservation if and when it does start going into production late next year 2021 or plan to just cancel the reservation just to keep holding in hopes of making alot more money in the stock over the long term 5-10 years of holding the stock .
I've been buying and have owned the stock for years and will likely choose to sell a small percentage of my TSLA position to pay for both CT's. Thus making them "FREE"!! Planning to keep most TSLA shares for years!

Handy Artie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mercedes Sprinter 2500
Occupation
Retired surgical oncologist
Country flag
Would you rather hold dollars or Tesla stock certificates? In general I’d rather hold equities. The dollar has been losing its value every 20 years. Stocks are how you keep up with CPI inflation.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
It's part of my IRA portfolio, so I can't touch it for 33 years anyway.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I also bought the stock hoping it might gain enough to pay the taxes. That was before ‘the wild ride’ of the past few months. Now even my buying 2 shares here and there has produced almost enough value to pay for half of the truck. So if by some miracle the stock price keeps up its climb, even if slower, then I will either sell a portion of my stock to pay for the truck or I’ll find some other way to pay for the truck and hang onto the stock. Currently the former is the plan.

OP
OP
Knownos

Knownos

First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
(definition: A run-on sentence occurs when two or more independent clauses (also known as complete sentences) are connected improperly. Example: I love to write papers I would write one every day if I had the time. )
True I could have made the sentence more short but im pretty sure most people got the point even thou I repeated myself (my grammar and punctuation is pretty bad aswell I get it) but to be honest I should have wrote more options for the poll because I see some people posting here said they would sell a small portion or get a loan.

RonM

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 CrewCab, future Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The gains on my LAC will already cover :) all costs of my CT. Unfortunately my CT will be coming in 3 years. :mad: Keeping my TSLA. :)

OP
OP
Knownos

Knownos

First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
I think another scenario I was curious about is if for example lets say I bought 20 grand worth of tesla stock a year ago(all of my life savings i worked for over the years and now im laid off because of covid and just getting enough from unemployment to make ends meet food,bills,ect.) and then I also reserve a cybertruck then we fast forward to 2021 cybertrucks are getting into production I get a email saying your reservation is ready you have 30 days to confirm your order and tesla stock has risen even more I now have 76 grand worth of tesla stock which would be enough to pay off the cybertruck in cash for the tri motor I reserved . I would be very temped to sell my stock and buy the truck even thou I would still have to worry about car insurance and maybe the occasionally maintenance and super charging (even thou I would try to avoid supercharging and try to find campsites with outlets other free charging ect so i could maybe write that cost off but anyway thats a whole other discussion)So this would be all or nothing move would it be wise financially to live out my dream of traveling with a cost efficient vehicle as a younger man or maybe it would be more wise to hold on the stock and be more wealthy in the future as a old man . I guess the question on my mind lately is my time more important than money .

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
(definition: A run-on sentence occurs when two or more independent clauses (also known as complete sentences) are connected improperly. Example: I love to write papers I would write one every day if I had the time. )
True I could have made the sentence more short but im pretty sure most people got the point even thou I repeated myself (my grammar and punctuation is pretty bad aswell I get it) but to be honest I should have wrote more options for the poll because I see some people posting here said they would sell a small portion or get a loan.
Just yanking your chain dude haha, welcome to the forum. You should be able to edit the poll btw.

Teslaman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S P85
Occupation
Winemaker
Country flag

> 1000 shares, will have no problem selling 90K worth early 2022 to cover tri-motor.

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
Will hold my shares as they are in my sep/ Ira. So if I spend them next year it’ll cost anther 30% worth of taxes.
Use private money to pay for it now and live off the retirement money when I actually retire with no additional income.
Rick
Sponsored