Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Tho it is pretty handy to type in messages when your hands are full or you're unable to type quickly. Sucks when it doesn't work tho.

-Crissa
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Whenever I see a friend of mine use their Alexa or Google Assistant flawlessly, I just have to be impressed. It's a skill.

But for some reason, when I try, Google tries calling people I would never called. Ever.

-Crissa

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Whenever I see a friend of mine use their Alexa or Google Assistant flawlessly, I just have to be impressed. It's a skill.

But for some reason, when I try, Google tries calling people I would never called. Ever.

-Crissa
Maybe Google is listening in and knows that those random people are actually really wishing that you would call. Just matching up the fact that you want to make a call and that they want you to call. Super AI meddling in the human social-space if you will.

I like the idea of having one of these assistants around but I really am not comfortable with it listening in on everything. I guess I am just a little paranoid that way.

bad61

First Name
TODD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 volt and 2013 ford ev getting cybertruck
Occupation
RETIRED
Country flag
Let’s hypothetically think about max range with powerwalls in the vault. As if we were a future Mark Watney on Mars:cool:

Assuming powerwall is (1151 mm Ă— 752 mm Ă— 146 mm) and vault is
Height: (1,905 mm)
Width: (2,027 mm)
Length: (5,885 mm)

how many could fit rack and stack?

We might further assume each weighs 250lbs and holds 12kwh, what additional range might it be able to provide?

if 10 could fit, would that double the range? At $7k per power wall would it be a better value to just tow another cybertruck for its battery capacity?
Pulling
Let’s hypothetically think about max range with powerwalls in the vault. As if we were a future Mark Watney on Mars:cool:

We might further assume each weighs 250lbs and holds 12kwh, what additional range might it be able to provide?

if 10 could fit, would that double the range? At $7k per power wall would it be a better value to just tow another cybertruck for its battery capacity?

Towing a trailer with ct battery would be better.

bad61

First Name
TODD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 volt and 2013 ford ev getting cybertruck
Occupation
RETIRED
Country flag
Getting a ct battery and putting it on a trailer would give you all that extra range.

rodmacpherson

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Security Architect (IT/Infosec)
Country flag
No.

400kWh is 400kW for one hour.

So 450kW does 450kWh in an hour.

(400/450)*60=~54 minutes.

-Crissa

(This is without worrying about tapering, voltage, heat management...)
Sorry Crissa,
I think you are the one who has that backwards, Your math is for a 400kWh battery and a 450kW charger more charge = less time that is why you ended up with 54 minutes.
ajdelange's math was for a 450kWh battery and a 400kW charge so he ended up a little over an hour.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Maybe Google is listening in and knows that those random people are actually really wishing that you would call. Just matching up the fact that you want to make a call and that they want you to call. Super AI meddling in the human social-space if you will.
Google may have been born nice but it is grown up now. It is more like Google data mining has shown these one way relationships can be translated into sales. The guilt trip caused by the "accidental" call will result in a trip to the friends house using gas/electricity (a cut from utility company and oil companies) and what is a guilt trip without a gift (a cut from Amazon). The friend in turn does extra grocery shopping for hosting the event and then you will have to invite them back......... the reignited unwanted relationship will be years of boosted commerce which can be all tracked back to that original oops and it will be used as evidence to forge new relationships with other companies.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag

If you do not need the space and payload of the vault for something else, towing a trailer full of batteries will be a lot less efficient than putting batteries in the vault. Trailer will increase losses from aerodynamic drag of trailer and rolling resistance of trailer tires, bearing etc.

Tesla Wall Connector US$500
Circuit breaker (amps) 60
Maximum output (amps) 48
Power at 240 volts (kilowatt) 11.5 kW
Charge Speed (Max miles of range per hour of charge) Model X (mph) 30
https://www.tesla.com/support/home-charging-installation/wall-connector#features

Tesla Powerwall US$ 7,000
https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/pdfs/powerwall/Powerwall 2_AC_Datasheet_en_northamerica.pdf

Each Tesla Powerwall is 45.3 in x 29.6 in x 5.75 in = 4.459 cubic feet volume

Volume of vault (closed) 84 cu ft

For 10 Tesla Powerwalls you have total
120 kwh usable
2,500 lbs weight
44.6 cubic ft volume (dores not include volume needed for air flow to cool Powerwalls)
US$ 71,000 10x walls + Wall Connector + 60A Circuit breaker
* does not include, gateway, cables, misc electrical

Hope I got all the calculations right. Let me know if I missed one.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Zero Powerwalls
One Powerpack
Powerpack Unit
Length: 1,317 mm (50.9 in)
Width: 968 mm (38.1 in)
Height: 2,187 mm (86.1 in)
https://www.tesla.com/powerpack

In September 2016, Tesla priced the Powerpack at $445/kWh, and a system with 200 kWh of energy and 100 kW of peak power was the cheapest available priced at $145,100.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_Powerwall

Tesla Powerpack system has two types of pieces: Powerpack Unit (battery) & inverter unit
Even just the Powerpack Unit (battery) is too big to fit in closed vault. Also inverter is 3 phase 480V.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Of course, if your towing something, then spreading the batteries out low is a good way to maintain balance. And you could regain more power by having regen in the trailer axle, too.

But yes, more mass in the towing vehicle means more planted to resist the trailer tugging back.

-Crissa
Sponsored