Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra, electric trials bike
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I must say, the cybertruck on street tires looks kinda lame
To each their own. While my CT with street tires may look lame to you, you tire mileage will look very lame to me 😁
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Lots of times the front tire hangs out with a blanket protecting the paint... Blanket may not be necessary for the CT
Well, in a Cybertruck you'll be able to hear every rattle and thump so the blanket might be needed to hush it up!

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Lots of times the front tire hangs out with a blanket protecting the paint... Blanket may not be necessary for the CT
Do people do this with motorcycles? Seems like backing it into the vault and lifting the wheel up over the tailgate would be really tough.

I see it a lot with mountain bikes, usually with special pads, though I’ve done it without. But the bed on the Cybertruck should be long enough for 3-4 mountain bikes at a slight angle without dangling over the tailgate.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Payload range test, anyone?

They didn't shoot down to Costco for those tires. I wonder if this truck has the two pictured, and went away for some laps to see under load what the range was achieved? Calibrating range algorithm?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Payload range test, anyone?

They didn't shoot down to Costco for those tires. I wonder if this truck has the two pictured, and went away for some laps to see under load what the range was achieved? Calibrating range algorithm?
They saw my post complaining about no pictures with a load in the bed so “leaked“ this shot. I’m still going with the idea that the recent slew of photos was a deliberate leak.

Shuddap and let me bask in this temporary illusion of relevance.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do people do this with motorcycles? Seems like backing it into the vault and lifting the wheel up over the tailgate would be really tough.
Depends on the weight of the bike. You'll see trials bikes and motocross treated like downhill bicycles in this way.

The tailgate keeps them from sliding forward and backwards, which is the reason to do this. Yes, it's less secure than the vault, but you meet somewhere in town to pack the truck with the bikes so you don't have to fight for parking space at the trail head.

-Crissa

One trail here they take a single truck to the top and drop bikes and riders off, then take the truck to the bottom. As long as they don't pull a stupid u on the drop-off corner, it saves them pumping back up the hill.

Last edited:

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
They saw my post complaining about no pictures with a load in the bed so “leaked“ this shot. I’m still going with the idea that the recent slew of photos was a deliberate leak.

Shuddap and let me bask in this temporary illusion of relevance.
I'm not convinced it was an accident.

Perhaps they're "leaking" cause they're not showing us ANYTHING on March 1st and don't wanna have everybody thinking it's "CanCeLeD" again.

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag

Perhaps they're "leaking" cause they're not showing us ANYTHING on March 1st and don't wanna have everybody thinking it's "CanCeLeD" again.
When the CT is built with using production castings in Austin then we will be seeing production versions. It will probably be late spring before castings are ready.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When the CT is built with using production castings in Austin then we will be seeing production versions. It will probably be late spring before castings are ready.
Finally, someone answers the title question.

But yeah, we'll see production-intent models sometime in late spring to summer. No idea how much detail we'll see.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

Entirely possible.

Last time people got super worked up after a bunch of leaks and seeming hints of a big announcement we got diddly.

I think Investor Day will be good for Tesla. Not sure anything big for Cybertruck. I vacillate on this a lot though.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
I vacillate on this a lot though.
Me too. Me too..

We will see what happens. 3 weeks! It'll BE there, but how much info will be there is yet to be seen.

I still believe 3rd gen platform IS Cybertruck, and there will be an R1S sized SUV built on its platform and a delivery van too. This will yield some details. But they won't be iron clad concrete confirmed details for Cybertruck.

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I wonder if you could get cut on that?
Leaning up against it, talking to someone, you slide a little and slice your back open.

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Well, in a Cybertruck you'll be able to hear every rattle and thump so the blanket might be needed to hush it up!

-Crissa
Good point. Noise-blanket not scratch-blanket

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

I see it a lot with mountain bikes, usually with special pads, though I’ve done it without. But the bed on the Cybertruck should be long enough for 3-4 mountain bikes at a slight angle without dangling over the tailgate.
I thought they were talking about bicycles. If motorcycles then I have no idea.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I thought they were talking about bicycles. If motorcycles then I have no idea.
There should be no trouble getting bikes in the vault without hanging them over the back. Some people will proabably hang them over the back because it’s convenient, but won’t be needed.
Sponsored