Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Since I plan on financing about 50%, I am making payments to myself now and investing in Tesla until I take deliver. I figure, beat the rush, make payments now.
ditto....I want a majority down payment so my balance is minimal.
Sponsored

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Certainly, there exist valid and true examples of Tesla Service problems people have had. That's true of every automobile brand out there. Not even Ford, GM, VW, or Toyota are immune to this.

I was taking issue with the characterization that Tesla service issues threaten the success of the company. And that is easily disproven by looking at the most recent customer satisfaction surveys done by independent auto industry groups. Tesla always has the highest customer satisfaction rating and the highest rating for most likely to buy again. That proves that Tesla's problems do not rise above that of ather automakers in any manner that threatens the brand. The numbers don't lie.

As to a lack of Tesla Service Centers in your state of Nebraska, I recommend you take that up with your elected legislators, not Tesla. It is illegal for Tesla to operate (sell and service cars) in your state. That's not Tesla's fault. In fact, Tesla announced the intention to open a sales and service center in Omaha almost a decade ago but the laws were used against them to prevent it.

Tesla is always expanding their service network and the location decisions are data driven. That means new service centers are opened in unserved areas with the highest concentrations of Tesla ownership. Tesla has less than 2% market share currently so it's no surprise that a small startup doesn't have as many service centers as brands with 15%-20% market share. But make no mistake, Tesla will keep expanding sales and service centers and the value they offer over traditional auto manufacturers and their greedy dealership networks will be a huge tailwind as they pass up Ford and GM in marketshare. I could tell you so many service nightmare stories about legacy auto dealerships that it would make your head spin. That's why Tesla, warts and all, comes out smelling so sweet in customer satisfaction ratings and likelihood of repurchasing the same brand.

Tesla is the fastest growing car brand by far even though they spend zero on advertising vs. the billions of dollars other brands spend to convince you to put your trust (and dollars) with them. That's right, you have to pay for those ads when you do business with legacy auto.
No car company is immune from manufacturing defects nor service issues. Never claimed such. Just as no service (the Big 5 banks) or manufacturer is too big to fail (Chrysler, GM). Bad service can destroy the biggest companies. Wall Street is littered with companies who grew then let customer service suffer and now the are either closed or shells of their former size.

Tesla’s growth has many factors. They risk spoiling a great name by failing at serving the customer. Icarus flew too close to the sun and fell back to earth. His hubris got the best of him. I don’t want to see the monumental reputation Tesla has gained by losing sight of who ultimately brought them their, the customer.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
No car company is immune from manufacturing defects nor service issues. Never claimed such. Just as no service (the Big 5 banks) or manufacturer is too big to fail (Chrysler, GM). Bad service can destroy the biggest companies. Wall Street is littered with companies who grew then let customer service suffer and now the are either closed or shells of their former size.

Tesla’s growth has many factors. They risk spoiling a great name by failing at serving the customer. Icarus flew too close to the sun and fell back to earth. His hubris got the best of him. I don’t want to see the monumental reputation Tesla has gained by losing sight of who ultimately brought them their, the customer.
it hasn't....FUD focuses on individual examples to drive a false narrative of cataclysmic issues.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
it hasn't....FUD focuses on individual examples to drive a false narrative of cataclysmic issues.
I’m sure people at Toyota, Ford, GM and Chrysler were telling their bosses that all the talk about Tesla taking over the auto manufacturing world was just FUD driving a false narrative of cataclysmic issues.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I’m sure people at Toyota, Ford, GM and Chrysler were telling their bosses that all the talk about Tesla taking over the auto manufacturing world was just FUD driving a false narrative of cataclysmic issues.
the difference being that Tesla didn't predictably reveal some dubious story at the end of every quarter or stock increase to try to bring it back down.... short sellers did and still are.

teslafan.net

Threads
Reaction score
Website
teslafan.net
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag

Icarus is a myth. It never happened. Tesla, of all automakers, is the least likely to lose sight of their customers - they are relentlessly working to bring better value to those who buy their products. The fact that you think Tesla is worse than Nissan, VW, Volvo, Ford, or GM simply shows you have bought into the FUD created when exceptional cases are searched out, amplified, exaggerated and endlessly repeated on-line.

I've bought a lot of new cars of many brands over the years and Tesla is, by far, the best of the bunch. That's the only way they are going to consistently lead consumer satisfaction ratings and the all-important metric of likelihood to buy again. People are tired of being ripped off at dealerships who are often less than honest and straightforward. Tesla Service is not like that. At all. What has happened here is you have been essentially fooled by the army of people who seek to bring Tesla down by searching out any service horror stories and trying to make them seem like the norm when, in fact, they are the exception.

Yes, with the kind of exponential growth Tesla is experiencing, and essentially unlimited demand, there are going to be some new, uninformed employess, parts out of stock and other things that disrupt smooth operations. Just trying to hire and train enough competent people as they grow at breakneck pace is a huge undertaking and I'm amazed Tesla is pulling it off as well as they are. Like I said, Tesla is the best I have experienced. That said, I've never owned a Buick, Cadillac or BMW but if the surveys are accurate, Tesla is doing a better job than any of those premium brands.

I think it interesting that you tried to illustrate you point about how Tesla could fail by using Icarus, one of the most popular myths of all time. Because it's a myth just like the belief that Tesla Service is worse than the competition when it's actually better, in spite of head-spinning growth and all the challenges that potentially brings. Of all car companies, I would say that Tesla values their customers and respects their time more than any of the others.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Icarus is a myth. It never happened. Tesla, of all automakers, is the least likely to lose sight of their customers - they are relentlessly working to bring better value to those who buy their products. The fact that you think Tesla is worse than Nissan, VW, Volvo, Ford, or GM simply shows you have bought into the FUD created when exceptional cases are searched out, amplified, exaggerated and endlessly repeated on-line.

I've bought a lot of new cars of many brands over the years and Tesla is, by far, the best of the bunch. That's the only way they are going to consistently lead consumer satisfaction ratings and the all-important metric of likelihood to buy again. People are tired of being ripped off at dealerships who are often less than honest and straightforward. Tesla Service is not like that. At all. What has happened here is you have been essentially fooled by the army of people who seek to bring Tesla down by searching out any service horror stories and trying to make them seem like the norm when, in fact, they are the exception.

Yes, with the kind of exponential growth Tesla is experiencing, and essentially unlimited demand, there are going to be some new, uninformed employess, parts out of stock and other things that disrupt smooth operations. Just trying to hire and train enough competent people as they grow at breakneck pace is a huge undertaking and I'm amazed Tesla is pulling it off as well as they are. Like I said, Tesla is the best I have experienced. That said, I've never owned a Buick, Cadillac or BMW but if the surveys are accurate, Tesla is doing a better job than any of those premium brands.

I think it interesting that you tried to illustrate you point about how Tesla could fail by using Icarus, one of the most popular myths of all time. Because it's a myth just like the belief that Tesla Service is worse than the competition when it's actually better, in spite of head-spinning growth and all the challenges that potentially brings. Of all car companies, I would say that Tesla values their customers and respects their time more than any of the others.
One question, have you watched the Now You Know episode I referenced? Guessing not, too much of your time needed or whatever.

You THINK I have bought into FUD. I am merely pointing out areas that they need to do better and it is from people far, far more experienced with Tesla than either of us. Don’t be an ostrich — you know, a real animal, not a myth — and hide from things right in front of you if you care to observe. Tesla is a great company that can do better. Or be a blind Fanboi. Your choice; free country and all.

Last edited:

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sam on YT’s Electric Lighting introduced me to investing with BYDDY stock.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
As good as Tesla company is, I’m not giving up investing with the FAANG stocks. Facebook. Apple. Amazon. Netflix. Google. Disney. Microsoft. These companies have the monopoly in their sector.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
As good as Tesla company is, I’m not giving up investing with the FAANG stocks. Facebook. Apple. Amazon. Netflix. Google. Disney. Microsoft. These companies have the monopoly in their sector.
Just sold some Apple today to increase my Tesla on a down day.

I think Apple is fantastic and will likely never liquidate it all. But Tesla is the stock for the next 10 years.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just sold some Apple today to increase my Tesla on a down day.

I think Apple is fantastic and will likely never liquidate it all. But Tesla is the stock for the next 10 years.
More people can afford an iPhone than a Tesla car around the world.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
More people can afford an iPhone than a Tesla car around the world.
More people could afford biscuits than an iPhone. Are you invested in Nabisco?

As an Apple investor, you should understand this. A smaller number of high dollar sales can easily lead to higher returns than selling more of a lower cost thing. That’s why for most of the past 15 years Android has lead the market in terms of sales volume, but Apple has dominated in terms of revenue and profit.

The auto market is absolutely massive in terms of revenue, but margins are typically low. Tesla has 30% margins… 40% with Full Self Driving. That’s unheard of in this industry. While they are going to get downward pressure on prices, they are also driving costs down much quicker than anyone else in the auto industry.

I could go on but don’t want to bore you.

I’ll leave you with this though. In 20 years, when solar power is 50-70% of the grid, how are we going to deliver power to homes after dark? Tesla is neck deep in power storage and it is going to be an absolutely massive market. Potentially bigger than Tesla auto and while people might not be able to buy a Tesla car, power companies can and will absolutely be buying Tesla power storage in every country in the world.

Anyhow… like I said above, I’ll likely never quit Apple. But I think Tesla is the better bet for the next 10 years.

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I don’t even share this kind of detail with friends let alone strangers on the web.

Consider for a moment, would you ask a stranger:
  • What is your total net worth?
  • What are your retirement accounts worth?
Your profile says you used to work as an LEO. This is the digital equivalent of opening your wallet and flashing hundred dollar bills in a bad neighborhood.

Not that this forum is a bad place… it’s just that the entire internet is an open book to bad people.
Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) is a public sector job, meaning that his salary is public information. There's probably a website you can go to that will tell you how much money he made every year he was working (if not, you could FOI it). Living for years with your salary being an open book makes you realize that just knowing how much you have isn't really the same as flashing a $100 in a bad neighborhood. It may reveal to ne'er-do-wells that you're a scam target, but so does revealing that you have a soft spot for golden retrievers. If you have two-factor authentication on your brokerage account you're probably pretty safe.

The other thing that's true about the internet is that you're not under oath. So if I say I have 850 shares of $TSLA, there's no way for you to know if I'm telling the truth, or fibbing. I think the interest on this forum is whether folks here have enough $TSLA gains to pay for their CyberTruck or not.

I do! ?
Sponsored