Will you sell TSLA shares to pay for your CT?

Who is cashing in shares to buy their CT

• Total voters

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
@Tesla Offer 0% loan if balance owed is guaranteed in TSLA stock.

Nothing self serving about the request
I like this thinking.

Companies have offered benefits to shareholders or attendees of their shareholder’s meeting before. I would love if they offered some kind of benefits to shareholders like opening up order queues earlier or offering special incentives.

All that said… there is kind of a big and obvious benefit to owning Tesla shares. They appreciate.
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
My portfolio is 90% TSLA, and I keep adding to it, even if in small amounts. I hardly care what the price is. Just a few days go, I bought 3 shares.

When the time comes to buy the CT, I intend to deposit the least possible amount, and take the loan over the longest term possible.

Sell the shares monthly to make the repayments.
I bought Tesla with the hope of making enough to pay the sales tax on the truck. I figured that 8.5% return would be a lot better than a money market and I was right. In the interim, however, the stock value has gone up enough to pay for the truck, the sales tax, and the federal long term gains tax, the original investment, and then some. I had not considered your idea but I like it. As long as I know that I 'could' pay for the truck with the stock that is good enough.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
currently saving up for the CT with a goal of the plaid CT being worth what the plaid X currently costs 140k. that may be way out of line, but shoot for the stars and if it fails youll still be in the sky. im assuming it will be somewhere between 90 to 140 without a doubt.
So if it comes in at the original price you are willing to pay for mine too?

TAP1A

First Name
carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri motor, tesla 3 performance
Occupation
Digital Operations Engineer
Country flag
So if it comes in at the original price you are willing to pay for mine too?
there was no original price for PLAID CT.... and no i am not willing. work for it. i can work 80 hour weeks and sacrifice a little. you can too

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
there was no original price for PLAID CT.... and no i am not willing. work for it. i can work 80 hour weeks and sacrifice a little. you can too
If you liked the fabled @Ogre post, he would buy your CT.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If you liked the fabled @Ogre post, he would buy your CT.
We only need 30 days after that post with a share price increase of 8% or $80 … how many have we had so far @John K ?

Sadly… not feeling like I’m going to have to pay out on that one for a long time.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I am fine, thank you very much. I happen to believe that you are completely wrong about CT pricing. Elon/Tesla would destroy themselves if they change the prices they quoted us by more than a small percentage.

TAP1A

First Name
carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri motor, tesla 3 performance
Occupation
Digital Operations Engineer
Country flag
I am fine, thank you very much. I happen to believe that you are completely wrong about CT pricing. Elon/Tesla would destroy themselves if they change the prices they quoted us by more than a small percentage.
i agree with you, but also they never priced out a quad motor CT so theres that.

Mrp911

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I am just curious to see how many people are going to be cashing in TSLA shares to pay for their CT?

Personally, as long the price is over $1000 I will sell shares for a 50% down payment. I am a mid-comer so I am guessing I will get mine late 2024.
I am just curious to see how many people are going to be cashing in TSLA shares to pay for their CT?

Personally, as long the price is over $1000 I will sell shares for a 50% down payment. I am a mid-comer so I am guessing I will get mine late 2024.
I will sell about 30% of shares (40k)and balance will be cash.

Bjorneo

First Name
Bjorn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tundra, '15 Forester, '16 Fusion, '87 911 Cab
Occupation
Retired Software Exec
Country flag
I am retired and make money as a landlord, so my business is buying me a work truck and I'll report any personal use. I have a few shares of TSLA, might cover sales tax, but nothing worthwhile.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Initial plan was to save up for CT and hopefully pay cash. That plan quickly evolved into investing the money I'm saving into Tesla (via Robinhood) instead of just letting it sit in a savings account. So the evolved plan was to pay for the CT with my Tesla shares. This plan may evolve again, depending on what Tesla stock is doing when the CT becomes available. If it looks like Tesla stock is growing significantly better than the Interest on a loan, I might gamble and take out a loan and pay it off slowly from my TSLA stock.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Better to charge the truck to a business expense and use the tax breaks for free money from the government.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Better to charge the truck to a business expense and use the tax breaks for free money from the government.
I don’t have a business and I don’t travel much in my line of work. So very hard to justify/ deduct.

Perhaps in a year or two I can. Have to wait and see.
Sponsored