2Tri21

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt. Ford Excursion
Country flag
So more likely a modified 3/Y platform? Hope that's heavy duty enough.
My fear is that the motors will not be durable for truck use. This will be our family vehicle but serve truck duty from time to time. Pulling and hauling at least 2 to 4 times a month. The drivetrain needs to last!
Sponsored

Keeney

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Country flag
First thing that is going to fail here in MN winter is the "Can you operate it without taking off your gloves?" real world test. Touch screens don't work well with gloves on.

Scraping that giant front window is also going to be a chore. I wonder if there is enough defrost capacity for the giant slab of glass?

Zhe Wiz

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MYP, 2015 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
FileMaker Developer
Country flag
I’m trying to imagine all the dirt and crud that will end up into the slots in the floor of the bed. They seem like a great idea when they’re clean, but what about after driving the cyber quad in and out a few times?

Also, how well will that roll up top work in NY winters? Will it freeze up and be useless in winter/winter driving?

I’m not worried about scraping the windows...with Tesla’s ability to pre-warm the cabin, a little planning will solve that problem.

Sure hope they do some testing in those California mountains and don’t keep the Cybertruck 72 and sunny all the time.

2Tri21

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt. Ford Excursion
Country flag
First thing that is going to fail here in MN winter is the "Can you operate it without taking off your gloves?" real world test. Touch screens don't work well with gloves on.

Scraping that giant front window is also going to be a chore. I wonder if there is enough defrost capacity for the giant slab of glass?
I would like some knobs to turn. Good point on defrosting window. I hate using my defrost in my Volt because it reduces electric range. CT defrost may reduce range considerably?

Keeney

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Country flag
I’m trying to imagine all the dirt and crud that will end up into the slots in the floor of the bed. They seem like a great idea when they’re clean, but what about after driving the cyber quad in and out a few times?
You only need them cleaned out if you need to slide an insert in. Hopefully they set it up so you can put inserts in also from the front so you don't have to have it perfectly clean the whole length. A pressure washer seems like the most convenient way to get them clean,, but you will end up getting water into that compartment under the bed (which shouldn't be there).
Sponsored