Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
You young Jedi is the reason I can’t find a truck I can afford anymore. Even the used truck market prices are ridiculous now. I hope Tesla can deliver CT as promised. I have only one more stupid purchase left in me and it better last (stupid for me since I don’t drive much anymore).

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Damped hinges are a safety feature, not a luxury one.

-Crissa
I use an eagle lift gate all day every day and I'd love a damper lowering feature. Right now flipping it down is cacophonous and dangerous, and that's even before raising or lowering.

myco.rrhizae

First Name
Myco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 4.9L, Chevy Volt, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Carpenter
Country flag
a lot,
same as passenger doors
but maybe they add spring-tensioned support lines for easier (and maybe automatic?) tail-gate retraction

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
for my use case - load 3 dirt bikes in the back - a)Love the ramp and the squatting suspension...not getting any younger and my lifted truck is a PIA. b) travel with the tailgate down at 90* - current truck has 6.5" bed and I cant close tailgate with 3 bikes, so I leave tailgate down and have these bars that clip 1 one on each side to keep tailgate fixed - works tops

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
ramps are PIA, could potentially cover under bed storage or tslots, etc...maybe has merit, but I'm having faith Tesla has good enough engineering to get the current setup to actually work without 15 people needed to actuate the tailgate.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Watch the reveal video. 1 person opened it on stage, while thousands watched him. It was effortless and quick. He took the ramp down in the same fast and easy manner. Then put it up just as easily. Why all the needless hand-wringing?

Last edited:

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
@Delusional, conservative SWAG 80# for tailgate, hdwe, and 2ramp configuration shown and demonstrated. That is 2x heavier than old school tailgates. IDK what new integral step tailgates weigh, i.e. GMC.

Trades will use the built-in ramps off-loading/loading i.e. wheeled equip, rentals, bottle gas, hand truck and loading dock transition.

Its weight is non-issue, I need a sturdy platform and expect to mount rear tire to its reverse transom. It looks like with tire affixed it will allow ramp-to-ground squats.
Sponsored