TruckDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-motor
Country flag
Will it be powerful enough to break a thick layer of ice? Will heat-strips be installed on the edges?
If it is not working, they will adapt. Currently 27 changes made per day on average, and implemented ASAP. One video I saw said "Most likely your Tesla is one of a kind" since changes are implemented so rapidly.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
You’re right. He’s total opening the door across this seemingly massive vehicle while he’s still outside across it. See what you want.
It's a Tesla. You can do just that. With your phone or the fob, or swiping the key card on the pillar sensor.

-Crissa

Wildfortune

First Name
Denise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered Tri-motor C/T to replace my Ford Edge
Occupation
Retired to a Hobby Farm
Country flag
Well spotted. The no door handles thing seems like more gimmicky, over engineered stuff from Tesla, like the gullwing doors on model x.
It's not so much a gimmick but Elon's ethos that a car should have fewer controls, such as a shift control. The car should know which direction you need to go and shift automatically. I read somewhere that the CT might have face recognition to unlock the door for you. As long as it works, I'm in. Anyway, expect more of this trend in the future from Elon.

"Almost all input is error. Car should do the right thing automatically." - Elon Musk

KrodEKid

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota corolla, Mazda 5
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck How the latest Cybertruck doors open (videos) 20220316_092153

Is it to much to ask the Cybertruck to automatically summon down the boat ramp, automatically open the tailgate and midgate while I pull this out of the water and slide the kayak in the back, automatically open my door for me while carrying my gear from kayak?

Anyways, thanks for the slowmo vids of door operation. Hoping for a big Christmas 2023 gift Made in Texas 🥺🇨🇱

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
20220316_092153.jpg

Is it to much to ask the Cybertruck to automatically summon down the boat ramp, automatically open the tailgate and midgets while I pull this out of the water and slide the kayak in the back, automatically open my door for me while carrying my gear from kayak?

Anyways, thanks for the slowmo vids of door operation. Hoping for a big Christmas 2023 gift Made in Texas 🥺🇨🇱
Did you mean to say “Summon the Midgets”. I’m not sure how you would open midgets.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
20220316_092153.jpg

Is it to much to ask the Cybertruck to automatically summon down the boat ramp, automatically open the tailgate and midgate while I pull this out of the water and slide the kayak in the back, automatically open my door for me while carrying my gear from kayak?

The Tesla Bot will do it for you. ........In 5-10 years. If you can get hold of one !!!!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
In 10 years, almost no cars will have door handles as they currently are. The latch/ unlatch mechanic on the Cybertruck will be typical, not the exception.

Not because it is cool, because once you figure out security, it is cheaper and more reliable to manufacture. On the Tesla, security is all part of the console. On legacy vehicles, it is a separate system. Eventually, all cars will be integrated the way a Tesla is or they will go out of business. There might be some niche exceptions.

We gave up on trunk handles decades ago, surprising doors have lasted so long.

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier, 2015 F-150, 1984 Jeep CJ7
Country flag
I see one potential flaw... What if i am parked on a sideways slope there didn't appear to be much to grab on to.

<<--- for example
Sponsored