Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Guilty as charged.
I'm not really even trying to call you out. It's more of a reminder to everyone else, ESPECIALLY new Tesla owners.

Those first tires are going to wear fast. The number of times you will do the 0-60 run by yourself. Teh number of times you will demonstrate the 0-60 times.
Heck, even the number of barely accelerating from a traffic light is going to be felt in the pocketbook!

What is so funny now is that FSD is severely anemic at starts from traffic lights. But it still beats 95% of the other vehicles out there.
Sponsored

Dazureus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Model X, '21 Model Y
Occupation
Software Engineer - Steering Systems
Country flag
I'm not really even trying to call you out. It's more of a reminder to everyone else, ESPECIALLY new Tesla owners.

Those first tires are going to wear fast. The number of times you will do the 0-60 run by yourself. Teh number of times you will demonstrate the 0-60 times.
Heck, even the number of barely accelerating from a traffic light is going to be felt in the pocketbook!

What is so funny now is that FSD is severely anemic at starts from traffic lights. But it still beats 95% of the other vehicles out there.
Yeah, it's not like I'm launching at every light. I like to get up to speed fast and stay there. Never broke traction or chirped my tires. I think it's heavy acceleration in combination with staggered wheels and directional tires so I can't rotate them. The later tires I've purchased are all seasons instead of OEM summer tires, and non-directional, so they seem to last a little longer. Rears still need to be replaced more often than fronts (2:1).

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Rears still need to be replaced more often than fronts (2:1).
Yeah, but that right there says it's the acceleration that's doing it.

At least you know if your service center is good at alignment or not! You're basically testing them.

It's okay to wear the tires out, if you're having fun doing it.

-Crissa

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Yeah, it's not like I'm launching at every light. I like to get up to speed fast and stay there. Never broke traction or chirped my tires. I think it's heavy acceleration in combination with staggered wheels and directional tires so I can't rotate them. The later tires I've purchased are all seasons instead of OEM summer tires, and non-directional, so they seem to last a little longer. Rears still need to be replaced more often than fronts (2:1).
You never broke traction or squealed the wheels because the Tesla traction control won't let you.

For those track guys who want to do it on purpose, Tesla had to add a special "track mode" that would allow you to spin the wheels and other things that oval racers need to do.

I remember a video many years ago with a Model 3 in a parking lot with 6 inches of show. The driver got in one corner and FLOORED the car.
If you were standing next to the car, you could have walked faster. The traction control felt the slip and reduced the power to keep the traction. The car eventually sped up, but was kinda comical.

It's mentioned seldom anymore but Tesla traction control tends to run circles around anyone else's.

It is going to be interesting when off-roading. And I'm sure that traction control is one thing that is modified when setting the vehicle mode.

With Tesla traction control, it won't let you spin the tires!

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I'm planning a 4000-mile road trip next summer, should I swap out the AT tires? The AS tires will have better efficiency and comfort...

The easiest is probably finding a non-Foundation CT owner that wants to swap, but there won't be many of those around in the short term.
I'll swap! Provided you dont run them to the bone before i get my non FS lol

CybrDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 GMC Sierra
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
You never broke traction or squealed the wheels because the Tesla traction control won't let you.

For those track guys who want to do it on purpose, Tesla had to add a special "track mode" that would allow you to spin the wheels and other things that oval racers need to do.

I remember a video many years ago with a Model 3 in a parking lot with 6 inches of show. The driver got in one corner and FLOORED the car.
If you were standing next to the car, you could have walked faster. The traction control felt the slip and reduced the power to keep the traction. The car eventually sped up, but was kinda comical.

It's mentioned seldom anymore but Tesla traction control tends to run circles around anyone else's.

It is going to be interesting when off-roading. And I'm sure that traction control is one thing that is modified when setting the vehicle mode.

With Tesla traction control, it won't let you spin the tires!
Disconnect the wheel speed sensor, and it turns off the traction and stability controls, as well as the ABS. Poor mans, track mode lol
Sponsored