Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
Using the alternate tracker I have a much better outlook, but I will wait as long as it takes.

Based on your reservation number of RN113187141, you are #443042 in line for your Cybertruck!

However, there are factors that will implement your estimated delivery date. These factors, such as your region (us-north-america) and your drivetrain choice (dual-motor) will impact your delivery date.

Your anticipated delivery date is 18.86 months or 1.57 years after the first Cybertruck delivery, targeted for September 2023.

Assumptions: 60% order attrition rate. North American deliveries first, ramp period of 3 months to get to 5k vehicles per month, then 6 additional to get to 5k vehicles/week. Dual Motor and Quad Moto drivetrains will have priority.

These factors will change our estimates over time as we get more information.
Sponsored

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Do you have a reservation number? I don't think u know how this works.

"Just sayin"

Baldey

First Name
Jenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla M3, ct reservation
Occupation
QA automation
Country flag

Baldey

First Name
Jenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla M3, ct reservation
Occupation
QA automation
Country flag
being at like 2,000 ish I do have some concerns of getting an defective or problematic vehicle while they are focused on ramp not QC.

Did this happen with early owners of M3 launch?
M3 had horrible panel gaps at the beginning, mostly because in production hell they were literally just gluing them on. I hope they have learned from their mistakes :p They probably wount try to sweeten the deal with free charing like they did with Model S and X, but i still think an early reservation will be worth it. You can always defer delivery if you disagree!

I also belive that no mater what the demand is, for multiple reasons they will make and deliver the high spec model first. But i also think they will save plaid for later. I think location will be the second biggest factor determining your delivery date, apart from reservation number. Tesla loyalty third. So being in Texas, i'd say you will get first dibs.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
das 2 years old! They've gone back and forth on that like a dozen times by now.. Pretty sure they've gone back to tri for now. The only thing we know for sure is that we will not know for sure till hopefully Q4 this year
Tesla/Elon have never wavered on the Quad Motor version. It was announced after the initial reveal and has never been retracted. We should learn the specs towards the middle/end of summer (or before).

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
M3 had horrible panel gaps at the beginning, mostly because in production hell they were literally just gluing them on. I hope they have learned from their mistakes :p They probably wount try to sweeten the deal with free charing like they did with Model S and X, but i still think an early reservation will be worth it. You can always defer delivery if you disagree!
What do you mean when you say "M3 had horrible panel gaps at the beginning, mostly because in production hell they were literally just gluing them on."?

Tesla has never just glued panels on. That's ridiculous. The entire "Tesla has panel gaps" narrative was over-played by a factor of about 100. That story was amplified by people out to harm Tesla.

I should know, we have three early 2018 Model 3's and all of them have nice panel gaps like you would find on any modern car. I've never heard so much noise about next to nothing.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
What do you mean when you say "M3 had horrible panel gaps at the beginning, mostly because in production hell they were literally just gluing them on."?

Tesla has never just glued panels on. That's ridiculous. The entire "Tesla has panel gaps" narrative was over-played by a factor of about 100. That story was amplified by people out to harm Tesla.

I should know, we have three early 2018 Model 3's and all of them have nice panel gaps like you would find on any modern car. I've never heard so much noise about next to nothing.
Agreed, I got my model 3 in June of 2018 (28 k model 3 made from VIN) and I will admit that the panel gaps may be a little bigger than most cars, but it is a great car- I have had it for almost 5 years and never had any major problems. If it has a minor issue to fix, they will come to my home to fix it.

I would be more than happy with the specs for the 3 motor version of the CT, but will take any version when offered (like I did with the model 3).

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Assumptions: 60% order attrition rate.
Wow. That would be more than 2x the order cancellation of the Model 3.

M3 had horrible panel gaps at the beginning,
...Mostly because it was being compared to luxury cars, when it was marketed as non-luxury car with a big battery bolted onto the price.

None of the cars it was compared to deliver as many as Tesla makes Model 3/Y.

-Crissa

Baldey

First Name
Jenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla M3, ct reservation
Occupation
QA automation
Country flag

What do you mean, what do i mean? Every car made today has at least some glue in it. Back in production hell when what now is the front and rear casting was instead hundreds of parts, glue was often the best and quickest solution.. Monro has said a few times that this is the biggest contributor to large tolerances and consequent gaps.. Not a big deal, but it is fact. Yes, ofcourse it was overplayed. but it was still a thing that happen!

You can get some yourself! https://www.amazon.com/3M-08115-Panel-Bonding-Adhesive/dp/B000PEW4MI?th=1

Last edited:

MonkeyDeLuffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
Occupation
Math In-and-Out
Country flag
First 3 months, 90% defect rate. After 5 years it may drop to 2.5%(German standard) - 10% (US standard). So I would not feel bad if there is a gap or misalignment of trims. No paint problem for CT, luckily.

Baldey

First Name
Jenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla M3, ct reservation
Occupation
QA automation
Country flag
i think i remember musky boy saying that you either get in super early, or get in late. Shortcuts will be made inbetween during the ramp, but i hope they will take their time with the first few models :)

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What do you mean, what do i mean? Every car made today has at least some glue in it. Back in production hell when what now is the front and rear casting was instead hundreds of parts, glue was often the best and quickest solution.. Monro has said a few times that this is the biggest contributor to large tolerances and consequent gaps.. Not a big deal, but it is fact. Yes, ofcourse it was overplayed. but it was still a thing that happen!

You can get some yourself! https://www.amazon.com/3M-08115-Panel-Bonding-Adhesive/dp/B000PEW4MI?th=1
Sigh, your original claim was that Tesla literally just glued the body panels on and that explained the uneven panel gaps. Obviously, all automakers use industrial adhesives in the assembly process, but anyone who says they just glued the body panels on, and that explains panel gap variations, has no clue as to what they are talking about. Sorry to put it so bluntly but such statements have no basis in reality.

Panel gap variations were caused by tolerance stacking, not the fact that industrial adhesives were used to complement welding and mechanical fastening.
Sponsored