KuMX

First Name
Ku
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model X
Country flag
Hummer and electric... brain does not compute.
Seriously talk about a complete 180 from its original image as an ostentatious gas guzzler and planet destroyer. I can already see the marketing campaign... The Hummer Is Back as an EV to Make Up For Its Past Sins! ? Anyways good luck catching up to the Cybertruck by 2021 (probably even later judging by GM's operations)..

RIVETS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
They should have released this, instead of just dropping Hummer. There were offers to buy Hummer, but GM declined all of them.
HummerH4.jpg

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Im excited to see what they come up with, but just to see it. Nothing can sway me away from the cybertruck.

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150
Country flag
I can't wait, once people see how other similar vehicles compare to Tesla, people will finally understand how far ahead Tesla is.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I can't wait, once people see how other similar vehicles compare to Tesla, people will finally understand how far ahead Tesla is.
I think we are already starting to see this with taycan, e-tron ect.. the I-Pace is ok but still WAY behind,

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150
Country flag
I think we are already starting to see this with taycan, e-tron ect.. the I-Pace is ok but still WAY behind,
Yes, you are correct, and yet domestic car builders (and stock analyst) still indicate that their vehicles will be just as good, and better than Tesla. I want to see one of their pickups have a 500 mile range.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Yes, you are correct, and yet domestic car builders (and stock analyst) still indicate that their vehicles will be just as good, and better than Tesla. I want to see one of their pickups have a 500 mile range.
Still waiting for those Tesla Killers.... *Crickets*

The trucks from other manufacturers are gonna be a joke.

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
Still waiting for those Tesla Killers.... *Crickets*

The trucks from other manufacturers are gonna be a joke.
Do we start calling Tesla killers “Edison”?

Cebliminal

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R/T Durango, Harley Davidsons, Toyota Tundra 4x4 put deposit down for Cybertruck
Occupation
Executive Chef/Food & Beverage Director
Country flag
I’m a first time Ev buyer on the Cybertruck list And
live In Alabama, I have been researching the heck out of Tesla and am preparing. I can’t take delivery in my state so it will be Atlanta. The benefit to the hummer would be any repairs or recalls could be done right down the road. If there is a problem w/cybertruck it will be 2.5 to 3 hours down the road. I listen to ride the lightning podcast and sponge up all info on line, it seems that this car company is very loved amongst their car owners. I’m not turning back on my decision but it seems that the owners of Teslas have to put up with a lot of issues as if they are the guinea pigs.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I drove the "Command HUMVEE" (Slantback with turret on top) when I was a Battalion Commander's driver in Korea in 1990. I hated that thing especially trying to drive on the narrow roads and in Seoul. In my opinion the thing was designed by a team of idiots after conferring with a group of morons. I was no more impressed with the civilian version. I agree with the folks that say Tesla is so far ahead of the power curve the other manufacturers will never catch up in meaningful numbers (and a couple will go bankrupt). Once the CT hits the roads the demand will be huge. My guess is that a van version built on the same or similar platform is already in the planning stage. Future pickup models might include a one ton dually type version for those folks that want to haul a big flatbed or stock trailer. If Tesla has cracked the battery issue the sky is the limit for EV's.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
The other issue the Electric Hummer is going to have to face, no more tax incentive for GM. Ford still has the full $7500 for their Mustang.
Sponsored