I got a 23xx VIN after 6 days of the configuration, but the Odometer is 34……

kewellxi

First Name
Xi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I was Invited on 03/21/24 and configured on the same day, RN11297xxxx

This noon I checked the app, found I was assigned a VIN, which is very low at 23xx, then I checked the Motor Vehicle Purchese Agreement, shows the Odometer is 34.

The delivery SC is Sunnyvale, CA.

This situation makes me crazy, is this somebody’s return?Why the mileage is that high? Are there some unacceptable issues?Should I take it?

I heard about you can return the car within 100 miles if there are some problems, not sure if it’s true.

Anyway I will take it, just made the final payment.

Half excited , half nervous.

Wish me luck.
Tesla Cybertruck I got a 23xx VIN after 6 days of the configuration, but the Odometer is 34…… IMG_5314
Sponsored

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
I was Invited on 03/21/24 and configured on the same day, RN11297xxxx

This noon I checked the app, found I was assigned a VIN, which is very low at 23xx, then I checked the Motor Vehicle Purchese Agreement, shows the Odometer is 34.

The delivery SC is Sunnyvale, CA.

This situation makes me crazy, is this somebody’s return?Why the mileage is that high? Are there some unacceptable issues?Should I take it?

I heard about you can return the car within 100 miles if there are some problems, not sure if it’s true.

Anyway I will take it, just made the final payment.

Half excited , half nervous.

Wish me luck.
IMG_5314.jpeg

You cannot return the car anymore, that option was gone back in 2020. All you can do is give it your own scrutiny. If it passes your own scrutiny, then take it.

It's possible they had an issue with it before a delivery, it needed a new PCS or something. That could cause it to need an extended test drive by the mechanic. Not something I'd reject a vehicle over unless the evidence of the test drive was dirt under the chassis and scratches and such. In fact it means you're less likely to have whatever issue they worked on (if I'm right).

OP
OP

kewellxi

First Name
Xi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Wow, you placed the order a week ago and got a vin in less than a week?
Yes, I ordered it last Thursday, but the Vin is low, it should not be a recent product .
Maybe someone just canceled their order.

OP
OP

kewellxi

First Name
Xi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
You cannot return the car anymore, that option was gone back in 2020. All you can do is give it your own scrutiny. If it passes your own scrutiny, then take it.

It's possible they had an issue with it before a delivery, it needed a new PCS or something. That could cause it to need an extended test drive by the mechanic. Not something I'd reject a vehicle over unless the evidence of the test drive was dirt under the chassis and scratches and such. In fact it means you're less likely to have whatever issue they worked on (if I'm right).
Thanks for your reply, feel better now.

Darth abbott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Yes, I ordered it last Thursday, but the Vin is low, it should not be a recent product .
Maybe someone just canceled their order.
I would suspect that initially it's pre-delivery inspection was failed. Somebody else was assigned it, and then they were assigned a new VIN and your truck was fixed. It was just finished and they assigned it a immediately to meet the end of quarter push.

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
Likely rejected by a customer or Tesla, hopefully fixed before assigned to you. Worth checking it out before taking delivery as you can not return a Tesla once you click accept delivery and open the doors.

OP
OP

kewellxi

First Name
Xi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I got this cybertruck delivered today, checked, and it looks great.
Sponsored