Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
I am a second day reservation holder for the tri motor.

I would be happy with the specs for the duel motor, however I live in Canada and they don't even have a price on the Canadian website- I am not sure what this means.

In Canada we don't get the 7500 grant (BC and Quebec have grants) and Tesla charges above the exchange rate, usually 1.4 x the USD so on 80 k USD we are looking at $112 K CAD and then 13% taxes = $126 k CAD!!!

I also have a reservation for the silverado and sierra so will wait and see who has the best mileage but I would prefer to buy a tesla.

ninja6r

First Name
Ninja6r
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, nissan leaf
Occupation
pass
Country flag
Something to ponder: If the new $7500 tax credit didn't exist, and the All-wheel-drive model was MSRP at $72,500, would you be as upset about the pricing?
If it had 500 mile range, I would buy it now at that price.

Nebula

First Name
Leonard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y performance
Occupation
Real-estate investor
Country flag
The listed price for new orders does not confirm price for reservists. Has reservist prices been confirmed?
I don't think the price for reservists has been confirmed. When we set our reservation and paid our deposit we opened an agreement or contract. Elon made an offer, we accepted. I think that is legally binding. Ok there is and was inflation, the pandemic, shortages and everything you want, but Elon is bound by his promises. I have to say that he offers and produces outstanding products. That does not exempt him from respecting a contract. I would say give poor Elon a chance but Elon is not so poor. He was made to respect his promises with Twitter, he must learn to limit his over-promising or pay the price of doing so.

SlegMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Physical therapy
Country flag
I don't think the price for reservists has been confirmed. When we set our reservation and paid our deposit we opened an agreement or contract. Elon made an offer, we accepted. I think that is legally binding. Ok there is and was inflation, the pandemic, shortages and everything you want, but Elon is bound by his promises. I have to say that he offers and produces outstanding products. That does not exempt him from respecting a contract. I would say give poor Elon a chance but Elon is not so poor. He was made to respect his promises with Twitter, he must learn to limit his over-promising or pay the price of doing so.
I believe there is language that allows price variance. Tesla should rely less on sensationalism of their products and be more honest, particularly with the time allotment in this situation. I would feel less affronted. If the product is superior it will sell.
Sponsored