Interior Options and Seat Configurations?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
There's no particular reason that the tonneau would block the pass through while in the closed position, as currently designed. It doesn't block the back window now now nor has any reason to,

-Crissa
Sponsored

empiredown

Banned
Banned
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag
In this video, the driver states the tonneau will roll up / be stored under the back seats, not behind them. Has this been discounted?

If that under seat tonneau storage remains the case, I think that would have it more out of the way for a seat and rear wall fold, but that is just a swag.

In this video, they do a good job of showing some, but not all of the tonneau being stored. It would have been nice, of course, to see where it went / how it got there.

I definitely want a folding wall and pass through and would love the tonneau to be solar. Not sure I'll be able to get everything I want, but remain hopeful. And there will definitely be some great third-party applications when they all catch up.

I know I definitely don't want, as has been proposed in the sleeping in the cab thread, to try and sleep in the front seats. It just doesn't work for me as well as being able to lie flat AND be able to crook my legs and arms. It does in a pinch, like long business class flights, but it isn't as restful to lay like a mummy for me.

Hopeful as well that the GIGA TX plant keeps moving fast and, like the Y, we get pleasantly surprised with deliveries beginning well ahead of what was promised.

SS

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
We've discussed where the cover rolls up in another thread and I personally believe this can be made to work with a passthrough. As for solar, the cover would still be the same size, so I don't think this would make any different other than wiring it to charge the Cybertruck.

Also sleeping in the cab wouldn't be all that bad. I'll attach a picture of a F-150 with fold up seats. With the cybertruck being nearly 80" and having an exo skeleton, The door-to-door length will probably still be around 70+ inches. I'm 6'3" so that's a little short for me but I could easily lay at an angle to make up the inches, plus I don't usually lay completely stretched out. So even for someone of my height it should be just fine.

Tesla Cybertruck Interior Options and Seat Configurations? 3ccda5298513e9133f8b19d126679ddf

Last edited:

empiredown

Banned
Banned
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag
I've read the other threads. In the last couple of posts one of you said behind the rear seats and one of you said under. I was attempting to get clarification. Here is another vid that someone (thanks, Old Spice!) posted that shows some tonneau action:

But it is still unclear where it actually folds up.

Just because the tonneau could be solar doesn't mean it will be. My point was I'd like it to be.

And you sleep the way you want to sleep and I'll sleep the way I want to sleep, partner. I'm not arguing with you, I'm expressing my wants.

Thanks much.

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
I have lost count on the number of times I have watched that video and much like the guys commenting in the video it truly looks great!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The driver of the Prototype said 'under the seats' in videos where it's mentioned.

As you can see from the video, the tonneau rolls past the back window so it doesn't block it at all.

-Crissa
Sponsored