J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X, Cybertruck
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
ProtectaClear® by Everbrite Coatings has been used for decades to protect stainless steel on various surfaces worldwide. From automobiles, trailers, buildings, architectural accents all the way down to jewelry, it is one of the most durable clear coatings on the market, able to withstand even the harshest of elements.

For the Cybertruck it is the only coating that will not change the original finish coloring while protecting it from fingerprints, tarnish, road salts and other corrosion. Check out our website for more information on how ProtectaClear can protect your Cybertruck's factory finish. Restore & Protect Your Tesla Cybertruck from Corrosion (everbritecoatings.com)
At almost $300 a gallon do you get a gold bar with it as well? Sarcasm aside that seems like a very expensive gallon of paint which would get at least 2 coats maybe 3 and as it is a clear coat i would think you might only get a few months to a year in the areas that get lots of scuffing. At least those are my opinions based on clear coats i have used on vehicles before. Maybe this one is different or more robust than clear coats from the past. Can’t wait to hear from a cybertruck owner who has used it for some real world experience with the product.

Teslaman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S P85
Occupation
Winemaker
Country flag
Unfortunately, there aren't many Cybertrucks out yet and I don't personally know of anyone who has received theirs yet. I am over number 1 million on my reservation, so it's going to be a while. If anyone is close to Sacramento, CA, I am happy to apply some as a test for all to track the results on.

A truck will take about two quarts of coating, so only $200 and the finish will last for years before needing a touch up.
I am in Kelseyville, no problem going to Sac for a trial. Should have my CT by the end of March.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Oh, a DIY wrap? That sounds complicated! Give this a try and if you don't like the results, then move on to your wrap.
Speaking of moving on if this does not "work" to people's satisfaction. What is the removal process like.
Say someone uses this, and does not like the result, what is the process of getting the steel back to "factory" or prior to using this coating?

Pulling for this product to be a $300 solution to fingerprint issue!

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
At almost $300 a gallon do you get a gold bar with it as well? Sarcasm aside that seems like a very expensive gallon of paint which would get at least 2 coats maybe 3 and as it is a clear coat i would think you might only get a few months to a year in the areas that get lots of scuffing. At least those are my opinions based on clear coats i have used on vehicles before. Maybe this one is different or more robust than clear coats from the past. Can’t wait to hear from a cybertruck owner who has used it for some real world experience with the product.
I have used some industry paints that are over $500 a gallon, makes it really painful when you accidentally spill some.

If this product is a good fit and helps the fingerprint issue it will be a LOT cheaper at $300 than the $7-$10k wrap options floating around.

KRTRW

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Taycan, F150, Cybertruck on order
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It looks like you have two different products that could work for the cyber truck coating that is referenced on your website Which product do you recommend for the cyber truck?

OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
It looks like you have two different products that could work for the cyber truck coating that is referenced on your website Which product do you recommend for the cyber truck?
You will want to use ProtectaClear for the stainless steel. We are putting together a kit that will be available this week. I will post here when it is available.

OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
After doing the calculations you should only need two quarts of coating, so about $200 in product. I can guaranty you this is different than what you have used in the past. It will last for years. Plus seeing that wraps are $8K-$10K, this is a steal!

We have had some volunteers so we should have videos available by around the 15th and will post them.

OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
Ok, Do you mean Gas off is volatilization temp correct? I meant to ask at what temp will the coating deform in a plastic sense where it would be more easily damaged? I look forward to purchasing some of this material to test prior to using it when I have my CyberTruck.
It will stay on at temps above 400°, much hotter than the exterior of your Cybertruck would ever be. :)

OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
So how long would you recommend allowing the truck to cure before driving it? I know it's not exact, but dry to the touch doesn't mean that no road debris will stick to it. Are we talking days or hours at ~72F?
It will be fully cured in 4-5 days. So ideally you can garage it for that time, but if not and you get some debris that damage it, it is self-annealing, so always fixable.

OP
OP
ProtectaClear

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
Yes I've placed exterior SS public sculpture in various cities. Sometimes people want to know what to use on it. It is a broad subject and coatings are not usually needed for SS outdoor sculpture.

However on the CyberTruck the finger print issue makes a coating useful.

Renaissance Wax is usually the top product used on archival metal and even Stainless Steel. It also has a very strong odor when applied, that then dissipates. Fingerprinting is certainly vastly reduced. How does ProtectaClear compare to Renaissance Wax?

10496980_291836414330745_996245327279229374_o.jpg
Such an amazing statue! I am assuming if you turn the crank it moves?! I love the finish too.

As for how ProtectaClear compares to Renaissance Wax, they are very different products. The most notable difference in protection though is the longevity. We have many artists and sculptors who have switched to ProtectaClear because of the longevity of protection. While Renaissance Wax suggests maintenance twice a year, ProtectaClear will last for YEARS without maintenance even in harsh climates.

Now, on a Cybertruck that is taking constant abuse from the bugs, road salts, and dust hitting it while driving, you will probably need to do maintenance coats every year or two, but you never have to strip off the coating to maintain it. Simply wash, dry and reapply over the previous coats.

Eddyrelik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CT
Country flag
I assume there has to be quite a "preparation" too to get the stainless as clean and perfect as possible before you seal it. Just like for Clear PPF. You don't want to seal in an inconsistent stainless look.

May have to do the Beekeper's Friend polishing to get all the panels as perfect as possible and then some kind of surface prep for the smart coating to adhere best as well.

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
From all the attention it seems like an interesting product.

I'm looking forward to some videos of tests posted by owners with half a section 'protected' and the other half not, to show the hydrophobic and coating characteristics, also with examinations after weeks and months to show how long and how well the coating is persistent.

I'm also wondering why we wouldn't have already seen comments from @CyberGus possibly having tried it or using it on his Delorean before now though.

- ÆCIII

QuantMech

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X, Cybertruck
Occupation
Physicist
Country flag
After doing the calculations you should only need two quarts of coating, so about $200 in product. I can guaranty you this is different than what you have used in the past. It will last for years. Plus seeing that wraps are $8K-$10K, this is a steal!

We have had some volunteers so we should have videos available by around the 15th and will post them.
I agree $200

DIY wraps in vinyl runs around $3k and ppf around $2.5k. Those prices could go down or up depending on who takes office next year. You can double that (or more) to have Tesla do it for you (only 3 options at moment of this writing black, white or satin finish). So $200 and applying it yourself and having essentially the satin ppf wrap %10 of the cost of the ppf is definitely cost effective. I would venture to guess anywhere from 2 to 8 hrs would need to be dedicated to prepping and applying the product depending on how skilled you are and how thurough.

Bkb13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
raptor
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
I agree $200

DIY wraps in vinyl runs around $3k and ppf around $2.5k. Those prices could go down or up depending on who takes office next year. You can double that (or more) to have Tesla do it for you (only 3 options at moment of this writing black, white or satin finish). So $200 and applying it yourself and having essentially the satin ppf wrap %10 of the cost of the ppf is definitely cost effective. I would venture to guess anywhere from 2 to 8 hrs would need to be dedicated to prepping and applying the product depending on how skilled you are and how thurough.
Tesbros DIY vinyl runs $1599
https://tesbros.com/collections/cybertruck

PPF is $.01. Usually $4500.
https://tsportline.com/products/tes...e-paint-protection-film-sspf-and-installation
Sponsored