Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Occupation
Owner/Operator
Country flag
The Cyber Hitch has be tried and tested for many years. Proto type # 4, on the road for 23 years, and does not look a day older.

Tesla Cybertruck Introducing the Patented Cyber Hitch, full motion 5th Wheel Hitch for the Cybertruck Trailer and Truck

Glen

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Silverado
Country flag
Can you explain the “ Proto type # 4, on the road for 23 years...” portion of this presentation.

It is a very commendable invention and attractive for anybody who had to sacrifice a pick-up box to a humongous 5th-wheel hitch.
So, why wasn’t this invention marketed earlier? Before the introduction of the Cybertruck by Elon, there was a bunch of us with pick-up trucks, and trailers who were facing this problem. As for my own experience, I wanted a 5th-Wheel trailer, I envied the ease of driving associated with it, however, I chose a regular Family camping trailer because I didn’t like the 5th-wheel cumbersome approach (the hitch).

Was there earlier attempts at a marketed solution, what happened then?

In my opinion, it is hard to understand that these solutions were not made available earlier. Also, because they weren’t, it casts a doubt on the Cyber Hitch ever seing the light of day as a finished, marketed product.

The Cyber Hitch has be tried and tested for many years. Proto type # 4, on the road for 23 years, and does not look a day older.

Trailer and Truck.jpg

OP
OP
Cyber Hitch

Cyber Hitch

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Occupation
Owner/Operator
Country flag
Can you explain the “ Proto type # 4, on the road for 23 years...” portion of this presentation.

It is a very commendable invention and attractive for anybody who had to sacrifice a pick-up box to a humongous 5th-wheel hitch.
So, why wasn’t this invention marketed earlier? Before the introduction of the Cybertruck by Elon, there was a bunch of us with pick-up trucks, and trailers who were facing this problem. As for my own experience, I wanted a 5th-Wheel trailer, I envied the ease of driving associated with it, however, I chose a regular Family camping trailer because I didn’t like the 5th-wheel cumbersome approach (the hitch).

In my opinion, it is hard to understand that these solutions were not made available earlier. Also, because they weren’t, it casts a doubt on the Cyber Hitch ever seing the light of day as a finished, marketed product.
Hi Glen, That's a great name!

Sorry for the delay. Thanks for your post! There are some great questions in there.

As with most applications, there are many changes to form and functions (prototypes). Testing and more testing. Just like Space X, testing their Rockets. Prototype 4 was the last prototype which passed all the form and function tests. It was installed on a Dodge 2500 truck and a Aljo 5th wheel trailer. After 23 years, Prototype 4 is still alive and kicking, ready to be deployed again on a new truck/trailer setup.

23 years ago, CNC machines where extremely expensive. Not until recently has it been feasible to mass produce the parts we need to be competitive.

As you can imagine, the electric car 10 years ago was a hard sell. The public has relied on combustion engines for so long, they are afraid to take the leap. Kudo's to Tesla!!!!

Recently, (within the last 2 years) We have attended several shows to get the public's feedback. We are pleased to report a 95% approval rating. The great support and positive feedback, and cost effective production capabilities, has taken us to the next level! We have always known that people enjoy their trucks and want to get their truck back. That's why the Cyber Hitch was invented.

I hesitantly, will answer your final question.
"Was there earlier attempts at a marketed solution, what happened then?"

The inventor, Darrel Burns (my father), did make an attempt to market the hitch. The company was called Lode Master. Shortly after the company was formed, an unfortunate turn of health happened, he was diagnosed with leukemia. He chose to retire and enjoy his life with his family, rather than continue with the company.

We have enjoyed using the hitch and feel that others will too.

It will see the light of day!, and we believe those who choose to take the leap, will see their truck bed again.

Best Regards,

Glenn Burns
Cyber Hitch

OP
OP
Cyber Hitch

Cyber Hitch

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Occupation
Owner/Operator
Country flag
To all those who have been waiting for a video. We apologize for the delay. It's taking us longer than we thought. We'll keep you posted.

Sgt. Glenn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cybertruckphotography.com
Vehicles
2012 JKU Call of Duty/ Modern Warfare Edition
Occupation
Aerospace Photographer
Country flag
Now that battery day has happened, we know that the frame of Tesla’s future vehicles will be the batteries, will this work? I feel like this will have to designed into the truck at the beginning to work.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Now that battery day has happened, we know that the frame of Tesla’s future vehicles will be the batteries, will this work? I feel like this will have to designed into the truck at the beginning to work.
Tesla is known for changing parts around all the time. The Y has been out for six months and they're already adding the fully-cast rear frame. So they'll just update that component.

-Crissa

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Tesla is known for changing parts around all the time. The Y has been out for six months and they're already adding the fully-cast rear frame. So they'll just update that component.

-Crissa
If it doesn't start out that way.

Daweism

First Name
Dawei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Raptor (Supercab)
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
You guys should also build out a single and duo spare tire carrier that mounts to this as well. The baja guys will want this.

Hoppi

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri-motor
Country flag
You guys should also build out a single and duo spare tire carrier that mounts to this as well. The baja guys will want this.
?x1
I’ll certainly be looking for a spare tire solution for when I go out to the wilds.

OP
OP
Cyber Hitch

Cyber Hitch

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Occupation
Owner/Operator
Country flag
To have the receiver plate OEM'd at the tesla factory would be the best solution.

We love the spare tire accessory option. We'll add that to the list of things to concider.

CybrDdHd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Tri-motor, 2020 Ram 1500
Occupation
VP-Ops
Country flag
I've seen people express the opinion that the sails will make fifth wheel towing impossible with the CT,
That’s a nice fifth wheel hitch. Fifth wheel towing is nice on paved roads and has way better back up characteristics than bumper pull for sure, but in off road situations bumper pull really is the way to go. I had to sell my goose neck trailer because it came so close to crunching the bed rails when I took it on dirt roads. I had to go extremely slow and was constantly watching the bed rails to make sure I didn’t get the bed rails crunched. Just transitions from paved to dirt road the off-camber was nerve racking. The CT sails will make this even more of a concern for fifth wheel and gooseneck. The fifth wheel will have to be designed to accommodate the sail at the least and I don’t see the CT as a go to vehicle for fifth wheel towing. The bumper pull has zero chance of damaging your vehicle off-road. I am fine with bumper pull for my needs. It’s what I do now with my Ram 2500. I use air bags to adjust the spring rate on the rear for towing now. I imagine the active suspension on the CT will allow us to stiffen the rear suspension to our needs when towing...not only spring stiffness for correct ride height for the payload, but also the dampening which is huge for towing and payload and making the truck feel planted. The active suspension alone can make the CT a better towing vehicle than a 3/4 ton diesel when it comes to ride quality and control. I sure hope the CT will allow us to custom control spring rate and dampening. That would be huge.
This is and will continue to be (for the next 2-3 years) my only hang-up on CT when it comes to the prospect of towing with a 5th wheel. I reserved CT to replace my 2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty which I often use as a 5th wheel rig in times where my workforce is crunched for available drivers. My reservation came at a time of company growth (which continues today, I am very lucky to report) which will see this as *hopefully* not becoming an issue when my CT arrives... i.e. we will have the necessary trucks/drivers in our fleet/workforce to handle any 5th-wheel towing needs in our immediate area, leaving me with a daily role more akin to my actual job title.

KNOWING that something will arise to where I will just "need to get it done," I will look for 5th-wheel options in the event that I need to pull a bundle of rebar out to a jobsite 25miles away in a pinch.
So... all that being said... the sails on this thing, I feel, will make this virtually impossible. Having had bed rails and tailgates crunched up on other rigs, and opting for flatbeds on others; the design alone will hinder any kind of "hot shot" needs of pulling a gooseneck (not to mention any kind of recreational applications I'd like to utilize as pulling a gooseneck is WAAAYYY more advantageous than bumper-pulls IMO).

This looks like a great product and I'm fully confident in the two companies ironing out the techy coupling issues (among others) SHOULD Tesla consider it a good fit, but I just don't see how pulling any kind of 5th-wheel setup is an option.

Further, every trailer is different. Meaning, while the Cyber Hitch may work universally or on just about every kind of setup, the build of the trailer itself may turn out more disappointments than success stories with the CT. Consider the downward angle on the gooseneck design of the trailer pictured here paired with the CT and its angular sails.

Tesla Cybertruck Introducing the Patented Cyber Hitch, full motion 5th Wheel Hitch for the Cybertruck H8362B

There are/have been other very respected 5th-wheel designs that "give you back the truck". The Hide-a-Ball Turnover Balls are just one example. However, this Cyber Hitch DOES seem well-more thought out, developed, and overall just a better alternative. These kinds of alternatives have been around for a long time now...

Am cheering for Glenn and the development of this product. ESPECIALLY the bumper-pull alternative. Just wish my aforementioned design hang-ups could be washed away (because the kayak accessories would be MOST amenable to my paddling hobby).

Oh well... Ho Hum... Just gotta make sure I never have to pull a 5th-wheel for work.

Last edited:

AustroTom

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.schwaigerdesign.com
Vehicles
2023 MX, 2017 MS, 2018 M3, Slvdo 2500HD,CT Tri res
Occupation
Artistic metal
Country flag
Hello All,
Just wondering, whatever happened with this post/hitch design/company developing it??

In another thread maybe?
Sponsored