CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
I just stopped by to torture myself again and they had the doors open. The rep said that I was the first customer to get inside.

You can press any button, test the sound system, anything you want but they won’t yet you drive away…. Sucks I know.
Sponsored

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
I just stopped by to torture myself again and they had the doors open. The rep said that I was the first customer to get inside.

You can press any button, test the sound system, anything you want but they won’t yet you drive away…. Sucks I know.
I'd just like to point out that there are no door handles, the doors will stop a 9mm, the windows are very hard to break... I would never suggest it, but if someone were to try and drive off, how would they stop you? /s

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I test drove the refreshed Model 3 on Saturday (amazing) at the Irvine store and they still had the CT roped off.

Noblelr3

First Name
Noble
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S & X
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Country flag
There were at least 10 in the back being serviced (prepared for delivery)

Rocketman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MYP
Country flag
Just looked inside. Feels premium but other than size it’s very similar to the new model 3 highland. But the squircle steering wheel is different but really nice. Best of both steering wheel and yoke. A little smaller than I expected but kinda like the size, but we’ll see when I can actually drive one. Closing the tailgate felt a little funky to me. I’m used to just throwing it and slamming it shut on any other truck, but the soft close was different…maybe I’ll get used it. Fingerprints also not as big of a deal as I thought. Yes you could see some smudges here and there and maybe the Tesla employees were cleaning it often, but really have to be looking for it to notice. Or maybe I’m just distracted by being able to be up close and personal with it for the first time.

Noblelr3

First Name
Noble
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S & X
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Country flag
Just left Irvine store and it was very nice to be able to not only touch the Cybertruck and mess with things but I also had a chance to see someone take possession. Congrats John. I still see at least 10 trucks in the back of the store.
The frunk is as you expect.
Lift gate was not as easy closing as I’ve seen but definitely not hard.
The touch screen is amazing and very fast acting.
The doors OMG they are solid like a dang tank. When knocking on the truck it’s nothing cheap or weak. The CT is a solid solid build.
The rear pull down arm rest seems like it is bouncy and may make noise while driving.
They wouldn’t let us raise or lower the suspension.
The sound system is out of this world.
I forgot to check out the glove drawer.
If your wondering about head room in the rear seat, don’t. While sitting in the truck and measuring my head to the glass I was bummed until I got in my X and from the drivers seat it’s almost or seems like the exact same and I’ve never bumped my head.
The bed cover closes slower and much quieter than some posts I’ve seen. Very smooth.
I’ll try to think of other interesting facts.

Tesla Cybertruck Irvine, CA Cybertruck now open to the public IMG_0608

OP
OP
CyberT

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
I also ran my finger on every edge of the HFS, and it's definitely not smooth but not as sharp as some reviews have made it out to be.

The front seats are incredibly comfortable; the two rear window seats are pretty comfortable. I wouldn't look forward to an all-day road trip in them. As for the middle seat, I'm pretty sure a piece of HFS is under the seat's skin. It felt as comfortable as sitting on steel.

The charging port door, outlet door, and smuggler's bay door all felt solid and not cheap.

The rep there raised and lowered the suspension for me, which had a much faster travel than I expected.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model3, Cybertruck
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Just left Irvine store and it was very nice to be able to not only touch the Cybertruck and mess with things but I also had a chance to see someone take possession. Congrats John. I still see at least 10 trucks in the back of the store.
The frunk is as you expect.
Lift gate was not as easy closing as I’ve seen but definitely not hard.
The touch screen is amazing and very fast acting.
The doors OMG they are solid like a dang tank. When knocking on the truck it’s nothing cheap or weak. The CT is a solid solid build.
The rear pull down arm rest seems like it is bouncy and may make noise while driving.
They wouldn’t let us raise or lower the suspension.
The sound system is out of this world.
I forgot to check out the glove drawer.
If your wondering about head room in the rear seat, don’t. While sitting in the truck and measuring my head to the glass I was bummed until I got in my X and from the drivers seat it’s almost or seems like the exact same and I’ve never bumped my head.
The bed cover closes slower and much quieter than some posts I’ve seen. Very smooth.
I’ll try to think of other interesting facts.

IMG_0608.jpeg
I was there around 12 and saw the couple that took delivery if that truck. I also saw the rear passenger door....
So I asked the service adviser that I know to go check on my truck not that there is anything they can do yet but at least he can give it a good look over.

Noblelr3

First Name
Noble
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S & X
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Country flag
Hey I think it was you and I in the truck today. You told me you were picking up Friday if I’m not mistaking!! You had your baby with you? If so congrats again. Yeah I’m wondering what’s up with the doors. I want to wrap mine right away but will wait until I can get that fixed.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model3, Cybertruck
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Hey I think it was you and I in the truck today. You told me you were picking up Friday if I’m not mistaking!! You had your baby with you? If so congrats again. Yeah I’m wondering what’s up with the doors. I want to wrap mine right away but will wait until I can get that fixed.
Lol....small world. Yeah it was me. Hope you get the VIN and the delivery schedule soon.

Noblelr3

First Name
Noble
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S & X
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Country flag
For sure. If I were off work I’d come up and enjoy you picking yours up Friday. (Without bothering you guys of course). I’m taking my wife up Saturday morning so she can see the inside.
Sponsored