cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I know that some of the early proto parts were getting essentially hand spray can coatings, awaiting/before manu process coatings.

Rocker panels, etc.

Can’t say for sure that’s what’s going on with the tow hook, but would make sense

hub 🤷🏻‍♂️

LonelyCTfan

First Name
George aka "Katrina Georgina Wonder"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None Yet CT Foundation Ordered
Occupation
Man of Many Hats
Country flag
I believe this is one of the OG ones and they are intentionally letting it age. 1. Because it will look cool 2. To see how it holds up. They have had this CT for Months on end.

Cybertruck 1974

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag
This one has been in rain all weekend and week. No rust. Rust is not coming from stainless steel peeps. It's contaminants on surface. Fox News needs to shutdown. All I've seen is Fox try and be relevant by using Fake news. Yoish!!

Tesla Cybertruck Real Rusty Cybertruck Protype Spotted in Fremont, CA 20240220_085438

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
Those specks on tires and rims are road tar or road application. Do people not know what rust looks like? That is not rust.

Again hubs rust. They all look like this when exposed. Nothing Tesla specific here.

Can't make front anchor out of stainless. Not sure what is going on there, but it is an RC.

I love the sceptics. Just skeptical, because they don't understand metals or just wanting to be that way. Then those sceptics get the truck. Then it becomes the best thing since sliced bread.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
The rust in those photos is legit, BUT the pieces rusting are not stainless.
Those pieces can not be made out of SS, especially the recovery hook due to Stainless not being strong enough for that.
So once again, all about context. Yes there is rust, no that rust is not on Stainless Steel parts.

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
I think more than a few both on forums and in the new media don't understand the concept of rail dust.

The air we breathe 🫁 has particles in it. Yeah none are good. Yet when one lives in a community or proximity to things that create rail dust just attribute the effects of cars as dirt or just part of doing business.

Yet when something is transported via a rail it becomes like living in that community for 5 years all at once. Just a guess.

As mentioned in other places. I just drove from FL to MT. Back of my S has rail dust specs on top of ppf and even on the chrome pieces.

Five seconds and it's gone. I think haters going to hate.

I have heard, read, and watched. Get out an experience. Go buy. Make a contribution to moving to a sustainable transportation model.

mbrockus

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Model X
Country flag
The wheel hub and tow hooks are not stainless. Just regular old steel that has surface corrosion. Some fancy folks call it patina. If left unchecked it might lead to pitting and pitting is when you start to see structural integrity come into question. You will see this same condition on a lot of vehicles 6 months after delivery.