Is there a market for a current FS reservation offer?

BenjaminG

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I have not found a thread addressing this specific issue/question but apologies in advance if I somehow missed it.

I have multiple early reservations and was offered a FS now. I am genuinely on the fence and considering waiting for later reservations to come up. In a nutshell, I want to see what issues emerge with the early production cars. But, I'm also worried it may be another year before I can get another order in the pipeline.

Is there a marketplace to sell the FS offer? I have not actually put in an order so it would not be "flipping" the vehicle. I read that you can change the name on the reservation (but not the email). Not looking for huge profit but whatever market will bear (flame suit on). Would this invite litigation from Tesla?

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
Did you just get your FS invite today?

I read on here somewhere a guy couldn't change the reservation to a family member, so I'm assuming it's nearly impossible to transfer to someone random. If you want to try to flip, you'd need to buy the truck first, but you likely can kiss your future reservations goodbye if you do.

OP
OP

BenjaminG

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Yes, just received the offer. I had read that you can change the name on the reservation (but not the email/account holder). For example, I would want to title it in an LLC or S Corp not my personal name. Before actually submitting the reservation, could you put a different person's or entity's name on it?

I know that once the reservation is submitted, you cannot transfer it. Wondering about the time prior to submitting that reservation.

CyberMiami

First Name
Omer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3P, MXP, CT AWD
Country flag
When I bought my truck, I called Tesla a couple weeks before delivery and had them change the name to my company. They did so without a problem. I'm not sure it would work as well in transferring to someone else's name.

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
I have not found a thread addressing this specific issue/question but apologies in advance if I somehow missed it.

I have multiple early reservations and was offered a FS now. I am genuinely on the fence and considering waiting for later reservations to come up. In a nutshell, I want to see what issues emerge with the early production cars. But, I'm also worried it may be another year before I can get another order in the pipeline.

Is there a marketplace to sell the FS offer? I have not actually put in an order so it would not be "flipping" the vehicle. I read that you can change the name on the reservation (but not the email). Not looking for huge profit but whatever market will bear (flame suit on). Would this invite litigation from Tesla?

Thoughts?
If my stock ownership does not help accelerate my delivery I might be interested, what are you asking for it?

OP
OP

BenjaminG

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If my stock ownership does not help accelerate my delivery I might be interested, what are you asking for it?
I don't know if it can even be done without jeopardizing my other reservation or causing problems for the buyer. Supposedly, another member here transferred his offer to someone that connected through IG. Assuming that actually happened, and there are no adverse consequences, I would expect some modest compensation for the time involved. But I just have no sense for whether it's possible.

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
I don't know if it can even be done without jeopardizing my other reservation or causing problems for the buyer. Supposedly, another member here transferred his offer to someone that connected through IG. Assuming that actually happened, and there are no adverse consequences, I would expect some modest compensation for the time involved. But I just have no sense for whether it's possible.
My son bought one two weeks ago and just had it put into the name of his business, likely the easiest way to do it.

OP
OP

BenjaminG

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Seems like there's no real market for an offer to order and probably not worth the trouble. In any event, I'm not keen on the white interior and willing to wait for regular production model.

Does anyone know if my FS offer converts to a regular CT reservation offer or does it expire? I have two other reservations that are slightly higher but have not received an offer to order on either of those; just the FS offer so far.

Thanks.
Sponsored