Nan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
when did you get your email to order FS? and when you actually ordered the FS? I got my invite 12/8 and placed order 12/22. Haven't received a vin yet but looking at Deliveries, some are getting trucks with 12/19 orders placed. So any day now for me??? I think later in year.
If you are in ca, tx, fl,az, you should be getting the VIN in any day now. If in other states, who knows when it will come.
Sponsored

Cybertruck 1974

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag
If you are in ca, tx, fl,az, you should be getting the VIN in any day now. If in other states, who knows when it will come.
I hope so. One guy from Tesla solar got his Jan 15th, placed order 12/8 said any day. so fingers crossed. Im tired of driving my van for work. Need a truck on these crazy California highways

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I find it hard to believe that only 5-6% of early CT adopters are on this site… that number seems wayyy low.
don’t the VINs account for every single CT built, to include all of the ones tested? If so, that would throw off the percentage..
It's hard for you to believe that slightly over 20,000 users represent more than 5-6% of early adopters?

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Don't yall get it? Auto manufacturers don't want their numbers known. Most only present quarterly sales numbers. There's too much money riding on this from the stock market to let this type of information out.

Can't you see that it appears Tesla is even taking extra steps to obfuscate this information now?

I can tell you exactly when your car is going to be delivered, that's when Tesla decides to do so.

Anything else is a guess that's going to be wrong.

I'm a Jan-Mar order. That means that I expect it at the end of March, hope for it in Feb, but it will probably be June.

This isn't my first Tesla rodeo.
The sooner you stop worrying about it, the quicker it will come.

Ward L

First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, FS CT AWD
Country flag
Agreed. It was me and I received my VIN the day after @greggertruck and mine is ~380 below his. If anyone understands this please share.
My guess on why VINs seem to be random is the trucks are made with a sequential VIN rolling off the production line. If a truck has an issue, it is set asside and fixed ASAP, but at a later date. Once fixed, it is shipped. The owner reports delivery with a low and out of sequence VIN. The issue could happen early in the production process or maybe when the QC team checks it after it is finished. Maybe they set asside several trucks for delivery to NY (or anywhere else) and a logistics issue causes delay. Something is going on as they do seem to be pretty random.
Sponsored