Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
So that's final. Any questions? Don't want to hear 'em. I know, some people live in snow country, and I'm willing to give them an exception, but that's it. Everyone else, it goes OUTSIDE, hear? The way God intended trucks to be. ?
What about the huge population that lives in apartments and needs to park in the garage? Is God ok with them parking in garages?
Sponsored

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
What about the huge population that lives in apartments and needs to park in the garage? Is God ok with them parking in garages?
Is that a question? Don't want to hear 'em. ?

bukkakeaisu

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J120 LandCruiser Prado
Country flag
It's not tolerance, it's excusing bad behavior in the name of political expediency. "Bad behavior" is me using a less colorful term than I likely should.

I already said I'm more than happy to discuss different points of views with conservatives because often those differing points of view may at least have the same end goal in mind. I am very much about "live and let live" but how far do you take that drscot? At what point do you say enough is enough? I think that line was crossed a long time ago.
Live and let live doesn't apply when one side is discussing whether the other gets civil rights or not.

-Crissa
....except I wasn't excusing bad behavior, simply pointing out it exists on both sides. If you fail to see that, you need to take your blinders off. We're all Tesla fans, no? Take the first principles approach....go at each issue independently and with reason. Leave the political baggage to those who can't think for themselves. Why paint members of the opposition party with such a broad brush and claim they are beyond redemption or wanting to deny civil rights? At the end of the day, we have to live with the extremists of each side of the political spectrum but it serves no legit purpose to write off the people between you and them. People often entrench themselves in irrational opinions, often a one on one talk will uncover more shared goals than differences, even if there are disagreements as to how those goals be achieved. My support of the recall is not politically motivated, there are several people I'd love to see Newsome replaced with and WHO they are and their plans are much more important to me than their political party.

Back on topic, I found another nice home in Tokyo that seemed to be great until I realized how long the CT is. After busting out the tape measure, it wasn't to be unless I want access to the vault from the living room. I might have to start searching further out in the suburbs...

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Simple: move out of the apartment when your CT is ready or don't buy the CT.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Trust me, the people signing the recall were not those people.

The campaign for the recall is that messy. Scratch a recall promoter, and you're likely to find someone who was against any restrictions to mitigate the pandemic. It's right there in their list: https://recallgavin2020.com/homepage/

The recall is a gish-gallop of fraudulent claims.

-Crissa
Is that what they refer to here as "politics"? What is "no politics" then and why are certain people so advised? Are some immune to such warnings, and if so, why?

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Gee, Scot, I'm not arguing politics. I just posted some facts.

Everything is politics.

-Crissa
Some would disagree with your "facts", Crissa. We can't discuss them without getting into "politics" though. Quoted sources are not always reliable sources, anymore than Snopes was a reliable 'Fact checker'. Just because something is called a "fact" doesn't make it so, much less a reliable one. There are those that claim that Tesla will ultimately go belly up, but that doesn't mean that what they say is a factual representation of Tesla's future. It may be a factual representation of what they wish it to be, but that doesn't make it fact in the real world. Like anything else, "facts" need to be vetted, not simply quoted by convenient sources. I know people in Ukraine who are fighting the Russian occupation; my son lives and studies there (rocket science, actually), but Wikipedia paints them as a bunch of skinheads when in fact they are fighting communist Russians for the very survival of their nation, their families, and their own lives. Wikipedia would have you swayed against them when they are fighting for their freedom against invaders. I know these people, so no, I don't put much stock in anything Wikipedia says. And single source quotes are also about as worthless as a gilded dog turd, or the many "anonymous" sources that seem to have dried up in the past 6 months. Something referred to as a "fact" must be verifiable and confirmed by more than one source, otherwise it is a claim. Claims are bountiful, and can be printed in publications. That doesn't earn them the status of "fact".

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
A garage is for storing all the crap you can't fit inside the house. No room for vehicles in there :ROFLMAO:
If it is "crap", burn it, dump it, but get rid of it!

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Some would disagree with your "facts", Crissa. We can't discuss them without getting into "politics" though. Quoted sources are not always reliable sources, anymore than Snopes was a reliable 'Fact checker'. Just because something is called a "fact" doesn't make it so, much less a reliable one. There are those that claim that Tesla will ultimately go belly up, but that doesn't mean that what they say is a factual representation of Tesla's future. It may be a factual representation of what they wish it to be, but that doesn't make it fact in the real world. Like anything else, "facts" need to be vetted, not simply quoted by convenient sources. I know people in Ukraine who are fighting the Russian occupation; my son lives and studies there (rocket science, actually), but Wikipedia paints them as a bunch of skinheads when in fact they are fighting communist Russians for the very survival of their nation, their families, and their own lives. Wikipedia would have you swayed against them when they are fighting for their freedom against invaders. I know these people, so no, I don't put much stock in anything Wikipedia says. And single source quotes are also about as worthless as a gilded dog turd, or the many "anonymous" sources that seem to have dried up in the past 6 months. Something referred to as a "fact" must be verifiable and confirmed by more than one source, otherwise it is a claim. Claims are bountiful, and can be printed in publications. That doesn't earn them the status of "fact".
If everything is politics, and I am told "WARNING! NO POLITICS!" Then why is anybody here and why am I the one getting warnings? Censorship is one sided it appears. I guess it always is, that's why it is censorship. I'm not a very good sheep.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
But how long are charging cables?
Real men back that thang in! Charging cables? Don’t let yourself be so confined to physics and reason. The CT is pushing the very boundaries of our social bubbles. Prophets are being born and seers are coming to the light. We have here a forum and likely a quorum to decide the very necessity of the human dwelling “garage” attachment holding back our masculinity. Like the man said, “the fat lady had sung”, and he is answering the call of which no cable can hinder!

Anyway, I hardly slept last night so I am a little loopy. I hope my pointless ranting brought joy to someone. Just trying to keep with the tone.

We are already seeing Tesla make changes in preparation for larger battery packs such as increasing the kW capacity on newer super chargers. I am really thinking we will see higher capacity wall connectors. They used to have an 80 amp. I think gen1 was a 24’ cable. The newer one is like 48 amps and a 18’ cable. Those Tesla engineers are thinkers and I think they will come up with something great for the truck.
Sponsored