Jehu Garcia does with the Rivian R1T what many here have speculated about doing with the Cybertruck

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Which is to place a battery in the bed for a long trip.

Now, he ran into issues, which is cooling, something in several threads I think was talked about... some seemed to think it would not be needed, but it is now obvious why active thermal management is required for the battery and electronicsl
Sponsored

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
370 miles per kWh? Nice, now he just has to use the right metrics. :p

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
No in-bed battery shown in video just some schmuck complaining Tesla has 20 chargers but his Rivian has to move on to the next EVGo location. It was full. All 6 chargers in-use.

Battery Plug’n Play is reality. The whole paradigm of integral battery==fuel tank is last century. Whether its Powerwall, smaller Powerbricks or a purpose built cooling rack, batteries will need to P’nP for long trips, for mountains, towing then power equipment, tools, and accessories.

Tesla next level is standardizing the retail market interchangeable system of banks in-bed, in-trailer, in home, charge racks and for duty cycle PPV use in Tx. lol

OP
OP
ldjessee

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I apologize, I used the wrong links.

Here is the link I should have used, and I included the start time to play where he starts showing the battery.

OP
OP
ldjessee

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
No in-bed battery shown in video just some schmuck complaining Tesla has 20 chargers but his Rivian has to move on to the next EVGo location. It was full. All 6 chargers in-use.
Not sure I would call Jehu a schmuck. He has converted cars to EVs and was putting out content about battery packs for Solar a decade or more. I remember watching his content of buying bulk battery cells, information on inverters, BMS, and a lot of DIY projects.

I do not know him personal, I have just been watching his content for a while.

And everyone makes a slip of the tongue at some point.

It was my fault for linking the wrong YouTube video, but I have added a post with the correct link and to the correct time where he starts talking about the battery pack he made.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Not sure I would call Jehu a schmuck. He has converted cars to EVs and was putting out content about battery packs for Solar a decade or more. I remember watching his content of buying bulk battery cells, information on inverters, BMS, and a lot of DIY projects.

I do not know him personal, I have just been watching his content for a while.

And everyone makes a slip of the tongue at some point.

It was my fault for linking the wrong YouTube video, but I have added a post with the correct link and to the correct time where he starts talking about the battery pack he made.
Yup, Jehu is definitely not a schmuck or yahoo. I too have been following him for years. I think he has also invented & had manufactured some components useful in DIY home solar storage systems.

I think he was doing DIY EV conversion almost 10 years ago.

-------------------

DIY Electric VW Bus Project Introduction
Jun 29, 2013
jehugarcia

------

-------------------

Electric VW Samba Bus Project by Jehu Garcia Volkswagen Bus Conversion. Follow Jehu as he converts his 1957 VW Transporter into an electric VW 23 window Samba.
https://www.ev-liberty.com/electric_vw_samba_bus.html

There are 34 Episodes

-------------------

Last edited:

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
A DIY EV Van/Bus that could do 266 mile trip in 2015 !

-------------------------------------

266 mile Trip on DIY EV TESLA BUS 18650 Batteries VW eSamba Ep 42 BBB
Jul 12, 2015
jehugarcia

-----

-------------------------------------

OP
OP
ldjessee

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Didn't realize he interviewed Sandy Munro...

nomadmusk

First Name
Droxx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic to Cybertruck
Occupation
2nd infantry of Tesla's Quality Division
Country flag
'Tesla superchargers for everyone' is kinda genius. They will probably roll out the upgrade slowly, and only change <=30% per station.

Ppl will complain about the Tesla favoritism (duh?), and try to force more, but Tesla will claim they don't have enough upgrade parts made and are going as fast as they can. All while customers get frustrated give up and just buy a Tesla since it doesn't take +10 minutes to setup a charge and the chargers actually output the max current receivable.

Deleted member 3316

Battery Plug’n Play is reality. The whole paradigm of integral battery==fuel tank is last century. Whether its Powerwall, smaller Powerbricks or a purpose built cooling rack, batteries will need to P’nP for long trips, for mountains, towing then power equipment, tools, and accessories.

Tesla next level is standardizing the retail market interchangeable system of banks in-bed, in-trailer, in home, charge racks and for duty cycle PPV use in Tx. lol
Except the business case is extremely hard to make work. Quite a few have tried and failed. For small bikes GoGRO have made a good go of it. And large trucks on regular routes could make it work also, but for the general consumer use case there are too many edge cases that exclude the utility imagined.

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I just remembered what the Rivian R1T front end reminds me of:

Tesla Cybertruck Jehu Garcia does with the Rivian R1T what many here have speculated about doing with the Cybertruck 1654692071817

It appears to have dual Dyson Bladeless Tower Fans :)

Curious onlooker walks up to a Rivian owner and says, "I didn't know that Dyson made trucks too!"

Note: This is meant for fun and not any slight to Rivian, as I actually like the Rivian R1 series vehicles a lot,
especially the interior (just not the front). Of course in the R1T we know the inlet ovals are actually just the headlights and
(as far as I know) are not for air. Dyson fan? - Let's just say I usually have more important things to do with my money.

Last edited:

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
maybe they work in reverse and suck in air to give energy
Sponsored