MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
it's eerily quiet Friday! No FS CT invitation announcement from any member so far. What's going on? Tesla employees took early Christmas break!!!...
My people got off work after a half day on Thursday and dont come back till Wednesday. I would hope they at least got Friday off.
Sponsored

delphiwiz

First Name
Delphi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra
Occupation
Techie
Country flag
I totally get it, 20k seems excessive but it's not a dealer markup, you actually get something for it.

The only part that worries me is it's a very early build, we are the testers and debuggers, hope they treat us better during Service issues

CybertruckCovers

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cybertruckcovers.com
Vehicles
Foundation Series CyberBeast (Order Confirmed)
Occupation
Cybertruck Parts & Accessories Development
Country flag
I wonder if and when the RN11280... plus reservation holders will get the Founders invitation? Just spoke it over with my wife, and we decided that if I receive the Founders Series invitation, I'm pulling the trigger on the Cyberbeast. I'm just hoping to get a chance. Instead I keep receiving those annoying email and SMS offers for $1000 off the old Tesla cars. and just got another $1000 off text moments ago. You want my money, Tesla? Just send me the Founders invite already!

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Rivian R1T QM, R1S QM, Zero S ZF
Occupation
Electric Bum
Country flag
I wonder if and when the RN11280... plus reservation holders will get the Founders invitation? Just spoke it over with my wife, and we decided that if I receive the Founders Series invitation, I'm pulling the trigger on the Cyberbeast. I'm just hoping to get a chance. Instead I keep receiving those annoying email and SMS offers for $1000 off the old Tesla cars. and just got another $1000 off text moments ago. You want my money, Tesla? Just send me the Founders invite already!
Ditto here. I'm in the same range as you and I also live in Texas, ready to buy the Cyberbeast 🤓

CybertruckCovers

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cybertruckcovers.com
Vehicles
Foundation Series CyberBeast (Order Confirmed)
Occupation
Cybertruck Parts & Accessories Development
Country flag
Ditto here. I'm in the same range as you and I also live in Texas, ready to buy the Cyberbeast 🤓
I'm ordering from my Nevada address to speed things up. I think I'd be ushered to the back of the line if I ordered from West Virginia.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
I doubt us people in the 128 range will get a shot at the founders series. I hope we do.
It looks like they may be making a LOT of FS, and potentially going through most of the "reservation" list so you might get an invite

pkwu

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyperTruck
Country flag
Got an email too. Bittersweet. I am really ambivalent. I have a hard time convincing myself that the FS AWD is worth 100K but with regular orders put off until ???? I am tempted.

The bumps twists and turns of CT development has been fun to follow for 4 years but this rollout has been painful. The funds have been saved so it will be a hard decision.
T
Got an email too. Bittersweet. I am really ambivalent. I have a hard time convincing myself that the FS AWD is worth 100K but with regular orders put off until ???? I am tempted.

The bumps twists and turns of CT development has been fun to follow for 4 years but this rollout has been painful. The funds have been saved so it will be a hard decision.
It is the same option of $12k FSD for all other Tesla models. So it's $8k diff instead of $20k if you wait for the standard AWD ($80k) + you want the FSD.

pkwu

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyperTruck
Country flag
I finally have in and bought a Foundation Series. I calculated the difference is only about $5k — IF Tesla doesn’t charge extra for tires/wheels, white interior, etc.
Yes, I agree with you. It's $8k diff just considering the FSD ($12k). I got the email invite two days ago, I am still thinking

shilvock22

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Military
Country flag
I'm 112750XXX and still haven't received anything, have even volunteered to pick it up directly from Austin, so frustrating.

JeffnReno

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y LR with tow package
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Got the invite but after seeing the $20k markup for the FS, I'm happy to just wait. Already paid more than $20k for our 2023 Model Y in Nov. of 2022 than they were selling for 2 months later with the tax credit. The only option on the Model Y LR was the tow hitch and we paid over $72k out the door. Not going to rush into another purchase that I don't need right away just to have the latest and greatest. I'll wait until the feeding frenzy is over, production has ramped, new product issues are addressed, and prices come down. I don't like that it has less range than our Model Y LR with the tires it currently comes with so I'm hoping the battery tech will improve and more efficient tires will push the duel motor over 400 miles by the time I decide to get one.

OP
OP
jasper7821

jasper7821

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Jaguar F-Type, Porsche Macan GTS, Indian
Occupation
Aircraft researcher
Country flag
Got the invite but after seeing the $20k markup for the FS, I'm happy to just wait. Already paid more than $20k for our 2023 Model Y in Nov. of 2022 than they were selling for 2 months later with the tax credit. The only option on the Model Y LR was the tow hitch and we paid over $72k out the door. Not going to rush into another purchase that I don't need right away just to have the latest and greatest. I'll wait until the feeding frenzy is over, production has ramped, new product issues are addressed, and prices come down. I don't like that it has less range than our Model Y LR with the tires it currently comes with so I'm hoping the battery tech will improve and more efficient tires will push the duel motor over 400 miles by the time I decide to get one.
Totally get it. I bought my 2021 Model 3 used and probably already lost 5k on it. But I also bought a used Model S and sold it for a ton more when the prices were maxed out so it all works out.
Sponsored